Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it normal to be a drunk gay man and interested in women?
Quick question since I’m new to this. Ok so I’m a predominately gay guy but when I’m tipsy or drunk I’m kind of turned on by women I think. Like a lot of the time I’ll end up making out with girls and getting all touchy feely. But I’ve been told it could just be the alcohol lowering my inhibitions. I’m 25 and still exploring myself.

There is Bisexuality after all. Also, nobody is forcing you to declare which team you’re playing for. Enjoy your sexuality for what it is and don’t bother about labeling yourself. People in the LGBT+ community who’d not accept you for yourself are best ignored. Have fun.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Go ahead and explore if that is where life is taking you. Don't worry about labels - just be true to yourself and you will be fine.

This may not directly answer your question but it's in a similar vein. When I was your age and trying to convince myself I could be straight it was always easier to act the part after a couple of drinks so the issue of lowering your inhibitions is definitely something to be considered.

I would go with you may be bisexual. Explore it, but be honest with your partners.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(11-26-2021, 06:17 PM)Cookie Monsta Wrote: Quick question since I’m new to this. Ok so I’m a predominately gay guy but when I’m tipsy or drunk I’m kind of turned on by women I think. Like a lot of the time I’ll end up making out with girls and getting all touchy feely. But I’ve been told it could just be the alcohol lowering my inhibitions. I’m 25 and still exploring myself.

And now for a late and long winded response which could be summed up by what everyone else has said. So yes, alcohol lowers inhibitions and you might find that your standards for sexual attraction are, ahem, not what they were a few hours ago. What does it mean? Well it might mean you're not completely gay but predominantly gay, maybe bi-sexual. So how about when you're sober? Do you find any women attractive at all? If not then my hunch is that it is probably more to do with your lowered inhibitions than a true sexual attraction, but if you do find some women attractive then you might fall somewhere between bi-sexual and gay, and that's perfectly fine. Think of sexual orientation being more of a spectrum than a label. We hear labels, then we start looking to live up to some expectations. What is it that we're supposed to do if we're gay? It is far more liberating to just be you and not worry about labels, or falling into a social norm and so on.

What I'm saying is yes, this could mean you might like women also. Not making suggestions on what you should do with that information. What I will say is, it might be something for you to explore sooner than to wait around to make discoveries about yourself.

Being 25, I say go have fun and explore and don't worry about which box to place a check next to.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I respect all you guys answers im just not going to label myself and just have fun and explore these feelings while I’m still young. Damn not labeling yourself is hard. I’ll keep you guys posted.