Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it really that bleak?
dfiant Wrote:I went to that facebook page and it just broke my heart, it really upsets me that much when I hear stories like this. It breaks my heart that such a sweet young vibrant gorgeous life that hasn't had the chance to florish has been snuffed out because of the cruelty of others.

It is an issue that is so close to my heart because I was suicidal when I was a teen, and I lost a few friends to suicide.

If there are any teens in this forum that are feeling this desperate...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, find someone you can talk to, find someone who will embrace you and comfort you, they are out there.

Please do not remove yourself from our lives, you are so very precious.

Very well said, dfiant! And I know, Dom seems to have been such an amazing person! I really don't understand why someone would abuse such great guy even if he was gay... :X

i was bullied when i was high school too, there was a time i wanted to commit suicide, i guess im just a bit stronger..

Before i came out of the closet I was a boxer and mixed marital artist. I have found that it comes in handy with bullys and people who wish you bodily harm. Me and my bf were walking downtown when some drunk frat guys came out of a bar and started calling us faggots so we started going back to the car but one of them grabbed my bf and i flipped out and ended up breaking his nose and kicking him down. Then we ran to the car drove home and did "fun" thing for a couple of hours before falling asleep in his arms :3

There are over a thousand people where I work and everyone that I know has been really cool about it. I don't think things are nearly as bad as some of these religious fanatics say they are. If organized religion doesn't have an enemy then it dies. I think we're beginning to see this happen. Sooner the better.

Majority of the people that hate us with a passion and go to great lengths to make the hatred know I think in my humble opinion are gay themselves or are fighting with those desires and do not want to admitt that part of themelves to the people around them because they think those people will look at them different. So they act all homophobic and act like we are the scum of the earth so it protects there secret better. I just think its funny and laugh off people that don't like that I am gay, its like its there problem and not ours.

I agree with the point that where you live matters a lot. I have friends in Oklahoma and Florida who say that it's not safe to come out, and when I go visit they remind me to hold back a bit.

For me personally, here in NJ, I'm out to everyone, family, friends, coworkers, pretty much everyone. I even have gay pride stickers on the back of my SUV. I've never had any flak from anyone.