Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
pellaz Wrote:stick your head in the sand and hide. At least we know politics is a real lie. For example there are verifiable liars on FOX every night.

Christ is the 10th century version of a virtual life

I know.

No problem.

I used to think like you, it's ok. Seriously.

You're right, politics is a lie.

But just because you can't see, touch and feel God doesn't mean He doesn't exist. You think that sounds crazy, I know, but there is more to the world than we know.

Try to see, touch and feel love. Maybe you can; maybe you can't. God is there in the space between you and me, If you believe He's pulling us closer together then He's real.

Smile

East Wrote:I am actually rather laid back and easy going until one of my core values is challenged and then I will fight. I am pretty much a textbook case of an INFP. Silence = Death as far as I am concerned. I have chosen a side and it is not the church...and I do believe I have balance though I define it differently than you do.

I don't know you well enough to characterize you as a zealot. If you choose that moniker it's up to you.

Your original statement referring to zealot is something that offends me because it reminds me of all the people who never really take a stand calling the people who do names and dismissing them. It is not your problem that it offends me...it is mine.

I also dont' beleive that the church will be '"forced" to perform gay marraiges...I think it is a false statement used to rally the troops but just in case it IS an actual threat..write it into the law.

Ok, we can disagree.

I'm sorry I offended you, seriously, I'm not in an easy position. It's hard to chose words that EVERYONE will approve of.

I'm just trying to be faithful and fair. Some don't even try.

LateBloomer Wrote:Ok, we can disagree.

I'm sorry I offended you, seriously, I'm not in an easy position. It's hard to chose words that EVERYONE will approve of.

I'm just trying to be faithful and fair. Some don't even try.

Honestly...no need to apologize or even worry about your choice of words. You are not responsible for my feelings. It wasnt' the word as much as the reference and context in which you used the word and still it is not your problem if I am offended. Since you put it out there I responded..that's all. Being offended is a choice in my opinion.

Just an FYI...I know many Catholics who are as Liberal as I am and who fight for the exact same things I do with the same "zeal"...Nancy Pelosi is a practicing Catholic...there is one very public example.

...and it is OK to disagree. Honestly I really never thought I would deal with religious topics on a gay board. I kinda thought we were all on the same page but I guess not...it was a silly idea to think everyone will agree on anything.

LateBloomer Wrote:I know.

No problem.

I used to think like you, it's ok ...

But just because you can't see, touch and feel God doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

Try to see, touch and feel love ...
Smile
everyone has a belief system.
its a lot sharper feel if you can see touch feel love for your self with out the god filter. Why are religions so against a group of people who's symbol is a rainbow?

LateBloomer Wrote:I know.

But just because you can't see, touch and feel God doesn't mean He doesn't exist. You think that sounds crazy, I know, but there is more to the world than we know.

Try to see, touch and feel love. Maybe you can; maybe you can't. God is there in the space between you and me, If you believe He's pulling us closer together then He's real.

Smile

...or SHE Wink

East Wrote:Honestly...no need to apologize or even worry about your choice of words. You are not responsible for my feelings. It wasnt' the word as much as the reference and context in which you used the word and still it is not your problem if I am offended. Since you put it out there I responded..that's all. Being offended is a choice in my opinion.

Just an FYI...I know many Catholics who are as Liberal as I am and who fight for the exact same things I do with the same "zeal"...Nancy Pelosi is a practicing Catholic...there is one very public example.

...and it is OK to disagree. Honestly I really never thought I would deal with religious topics on a gay board. I kinda thought we were all on the same page but I guess not...it was a silly idea to think everyone will agree on anything.

WHY is PRO-GAY anti-GOD?

Where did that idea ever come FROM?

I'll tell you: POLITICS.

Politics is the art of DECEPTION.

pellaz Wrote:everyone has a belief system.
its a lot sharper feel if you can see touch feel love for your self with out the god filter. Why are religions so against a group of people who's symbol is a rainbow?

I'm not against the rainbow.

I'm FOR participating fully in the human experience. I believe God is part of that experience.

I lived for 20 years with no god. Just myself. I put Man at the center of EVERYTHING; not God.

I was wrong because to do so I elevated myself to a position I could not fulfill. To worship God is to put everything material (and therefore temporary) at your side.

It's a position of humbleness and humility. From a pure mental health standpoint it's priceless. But go ahead and call it a filter or a crutch or whatever, but you cannot deny the thousands of years of human history that have fed what Karl Jung called the Collective Unconscience, the history that wrote our myths and archetypes.

This is how I approach belief structures (like I said, it's too complicated for this forum).

But basically a mythological story is NOT A LIE.

It's a TRUTH.

If you cannot understand the role and the importance of mythology in the human experience then it's obvious you'll NEVER understand the importance of the Father Figure AND the MOTHER FIGURE (EAST I'm looking at YOU)!

Confusedmile:

It's ALL THERE.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK!

LateBloomer Wrote:WHY is PRO-GAY anti-GOD?

Where did that idea ever come FROM?

I'll tell you: POLITICS.

Politics is the art of DECEPTION.

It is not so much PRO-GAY = ANTI-GOD. It is a lot more like PRO-GOD = ANTI-GAY, The religious ones were the ones to pick the battle. We're a bunch of lovers, not haters.

nullnaught Wrote:It is not so much PRO-GAY = ANTI-GOD. It is a lot more like PRO-GOD = ANTI-GAY, The religious ones were the ones to pick the battle. We're a bunch of lovers, not haters.

I want to be a lover.

Smile

But look, flipping the equation makes no difference.

1+2 = 2+1

Don't play their game.

If you cannot understand the role and the importance of mythology in the human experience then it's obvious you'll NEVER understand the importance of the Father Figure AND the MOTHER FIGURE (EAST I'm looking at YOU)!

errr...I have ALWAYS believed in God...very much in fact. I have a faith that is very strong and this is a hard concept for alot of people to understand but I do not DEFINE God...I instead feel God and choose to keep my relationship with god private and personal...it is INTENSELY personal.

At one time I innocently used to talk about what I believed and after awhile I was embarrassed and mortified to find alot of people had adopted me as some kind of guru...someone who had "the" answer. I believe in being true to yourself so this was not a compliment to me and I quickly undid the damage I caused.

The second anyone else tries to define God for me...i see it for what it is...control with a healthy dose of the other person's ego. Wink

I don't think most religion has anything to do with God. I think they are about control...and power...and they prove this over and over again. There are exceptions such as Glide in SF and I support them completely. Alot of gay people belong to Glide...I have no problem with them. It was gay people defending the Catholics I was taken aback by initially and it is this I didn't expect on a gay board. I accept this now.