Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't it funny
colinmackay Wrote:I feel I would rather have been open and honest with myself and made a different set of mistakes (potentially bigger mistakes) than live with the mistakes currently on my plate. At least then I could say, I screwed up, but at least I was honest with myself/the world.
There comes a time when you can only get on with your life when you can forgive yourself. This is where you are, so play the cards you have. Your life up till now has made you the person you are today and that cannot be a bad thing Wink

If you keep looking over your shoulder you're going to walk into something sooner or later and get a nasty bump or, perhaps worse than that, miss the marvellous landscape stretching out in front of you!

I don't say this to be unkind. You'll only get on with it when you are good and ready, but consider the positive steps you have already taken. No bad thing at all Xyxthumbs

(With apologies for all those metaphors!!)

fredv3b Wrote:...but then again perhaps I would not have been internet dating when I was, and so would never have met my bf who I love to bits. :confused:

Do you have any advice that area? I've not had much luck, but then I probably made the mistake of signing up to gaydar (which seems to be more about random shags more than anything else - although I do know people that have met their current partner through it)

I would imagine not many people find lasting love through Gaydar. It is a bit of a meat market. I met PA when we both wrote to the discussion forums on Gay.com. Sadly the UK operation closed a few years ago. That was a pretty lively community with some VERY interesting characters Rolleyes

This site seems to have a bit of a reputation for being more reliable in introducing people who are more interested in a relationship than a one-night stand.

Quote:*EDIT* Btw, after reading over this it almost sounds like I'm gloating, but please dont take it that way. Definately not gloating lol.

I like to gloat about it cos there are homophobes at my school who I'v have more girlfriends than.

marshlander Wrote:This site [parship] seems to have a bit of a reputation for being more reliable in introducing people who are more interested in a relationship than a one-night stand.

I'll have a look at that... But, wow! It won't let me sign up as my password is too secure. It only allows a maximum of 14 characters. I hate that.

colinmackay Wrote:Do you have any advice that area? I've not had much luck, but then I probably made the mistake of signing up to gaydar (which seems to be more about random shags more than anything else - although I do know people that have met their current partner through it)

My experience was that the gay sites all tended to be hook-up sites. (I have never looked at that parship site that Marshy mentioned so I cannot comment). I found that most 'straight' websites did actually allow you to put down that you were a guy looking for a guy, the guys there did generally seem to be looking for relationships. I met my bf through match.com, but there are plenty of others. Match's measurement of distance though is not the most accurate in the world, though if it were I would never have met the man of my life.

colinmackay Wrote:I'll have a look at that... But, wow! It won't let me sign up as my password is too secure. It only allows a maximum of 14 characters. I hate that.

Geek! Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

joshyboi Wrote:I like to gloat about it cos there are homophobes at my school who I've had more girlfriends than.

Lol. Joshyboi, and since you're gay, there'll be a good few more, I expect, only they won't be girlfriends, more likely to be friends who are girls... that's how we operate, lol.

fredv3b Wrote:I don't consider myself to be dishonest or fraudulent to allow people, who have just assumed I am straight because I didn't mince into the room, to continue in their mistaken belief. To feign interest in the opposite sex would be dishonest, but I don't feel dishonest in not telling people my sexual orientation simply because they appear not to have kept an open mind as to what it might be. I admit I do feel a vague obligation not to allow them to continue in falsehood, in order to show them that we gays are actually pretty ordinary and all around them, etc., but it isn't (to me) a question of dishonesty or fraud if I don't bother..

Cool

I am with you on this...

I care very little about my sexuality at work or anywhere... If people assume I am straight then so be it... If they know I am not straight so be it... If a woman (or man for that matter) gets "friendly" with me I just point out my wedding ring...

I think seeing the movie "The Sum of Us" showed me that I never had a closet to deal with... I just got on with my life the way I wanted to live it...

I very rarely "camp" it up around my family and friends and they accept me exactly as I wish them too... as a male...
To be honest... I feel for those such as my partner who require "Retail Therapy" in times of emotional crisis (Actually, it's the credit card I really feel sorry for.. Wink )

Masculine Gay..? Perhaps... Straight Actor..? Perhaps... Though I'd rather not be tagged at all... The most important thing to me is that we are are both happy in our relationship and have been for many years...

Come to think of it.. I am no different to any of the other blokes at work who are in a long term stable relationship...

X-tra Newbie

X-tra Wrote:If a woman (or man for that matter) gets "friendly" with me I just point out my wedding ring...

That made me have an interesting thought, when my partner and I get round to formally 'tying the knot' and therefore I will be wearing a ring, I wonder if people will be more likely to assume that I am straight or less or no difference?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Cool

Yes... They will assume you are straight...

Though apparently that isn't the issue... They'll all know you're "not available" and that's the main thing... so I'm told...Rolleyes

X-tra... Newbie