Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It ended for the silliest reason ever...
So you guys remember the dude I have been seeing. right? Well, we decided to be friends with benefits and that one time when I hung out with him and he introduced me to his friends. Me and his friends hit it off like perfect from day one. And by hit it off I mean we started joking with each other and stuff... Yesterday as we were chatting on a chatting group we started joking and we got a little carried away, I thought I pissed one of them so when I apologized he said there was nothing to apologize for and everything was totally cool. Such a relief, right?

Then my (FWB) finds out and starts texting me (Shit talking) to me and telling me that I am "Rude" and that they were his friends long before they were mine and I need to make my own and that if I kept acting that way (Which is mainly being myself) they won't like me anymore and will ignore me ... Bla bla bla I said to him "Wow. Leave me alone. Bye."
then he messages again saying
"I love you bitch but you're an easy target for a fight." To which I did not respond because it was not worth wasting my energy on... This morning I messaged him saying "Hey, We need to talk." he still hasn't responded yet but I was planning to talk to him and make him understand how silly it was and how he made a big deal out of this whole thing and made a problem out of absolutely nothing.. I tried messaging "His friends" but they have not responded to me to which I feel like I am being ignored. (Not saying that they actively ignore me) but who knows??
Can you guys actually believe this? I really don't want to lose the friends I made cuz it is hard to find good people like this here. NOT that I would grovel, cuz no one is worth that but I just don't want to lose them even though I do not care about that dumbshit who was raging on me for no reason... Advice?

do good people start behave like children and ignoring others?

High school was over a long time ago.
I bid NO Trump!

I would give them a little longer to cool down then start by talking it over with the fwb.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

My advice is that when things get a little charged that you do not use texting to communicate.

You told him to leave you alone. He is obliging your request. Miscommunication is not resolved in 160 characters.

I'm sorry that your situation with your FWB ended in such a way which by the way is very immature on his part. I would think that if he went out of his way to introduce you to his friends that he would be pleased that you all get along so well and if not..then I have to wonder why did he go out of his way to introduce you to them??? ...Like it was mentioned in previous posts...give it a little time to cool off or to see if he will contact you first. Many times when things have calmed down..then it makes it easier to communicate your feelings honestly without being misinterpreted. Nonetheless...if and when you two do communicate and his is still coming from a "bad place" ...then his behavior should confirm where you stand with him and his friends...Good Luck...JS

verysimple Wrote:I tried messaging "His friends" but they have not responded to me to which I feel like I am being ignored.

i have to say they're doing the right thing. they are his friends. they barely even know you. he should be the priority for them and they should stick by him.

and maybe you acted in a way that was out of line? he might have a legitimate reason to feel the way he does. you should back off and let things be for a while. you're acting immature yourself under the circumstances.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

A friend is someone who will stick with you through thick and thin. An acquaintance only sticks around for the good times.

Seems to me that these people are not your friends. They are merely acquaintances, and as such will only be around for the good times, but when things to bad they will slink away, or run away, or get all bitchy and even slappy and lots of other ugly.

Clearly if these people are ignoring you, even after you apologized and they said 'hey no sweat, no harm no foul' then they are in the wrong.

As for FWB situation - well you ain't his lover so perhaps its time to end that one as well and move on to other pastures...?

When everyone thinks you acted badly, maybe you did? Own it and apologize.

You can't really put too much thought in it verysimple...

This is something I have a lot of experience with. When you work in a busy nightclub...so many people "luv" you...and they probably do at least genuinely like you or at least something about you...but then you invariably piss someone off or say something the wrong way.....and you get a lot of attitude and bullshit...

...and most of the time you don't really have a clue what you "did"...so you just apologize and state your intentions not to ruffle anyone's feathers...and then walk away from it. Most people will let it go...but there are a handful that won't...and some of them are fucking batshit crazy and whatever it was you said was just a trigger to the bomb that was already in place..you didn't put it there....

So...don't beat yourself up anymore...and make sure you don't apologize more than a few times...

I can imagine as cute as you are that in the future you are gonna get shit from people for no actual reasons....except maybe they are jealous or their BF likes you and they blame you for it...or they didn't get from you what they wanted...so practicing quick apologies and moving on might be good practice