Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's gettin complicated now
I've been feeling more distant and generally frustrated with everything in our relationship lately, between myself and my girlfriend. I'd been planning on talking to her about everything sometime this week, but due to a fight we had on Monday night, things happened a bit quicker pace than that and I got most all of my feelings out right then.

She was sorry, she wanted a chance to do better and she wanted to fix us. I said I hadn't made a decision yet. Come Tuesday night, we talk some more, and after several hours, I finally got to the point where I said I didn't think it could be fixed, didn't want to try fixing it.

She suggested then that instead of just breaking up so fast, we go on a break and re-evaluate things in a month or so, with us just trying to be friends in the meantime. I agreed to it because it felt like the fair thing to do for her, and it was mutually good for us. So I changed my status on here to single, mostly because the next closest status is Open Relationship and that's not it. I'd put on a break if it was there, but I guess I'm essentially single.

Still trying to figure out where all my feelings are in this, but so far I don't feel like I've made the wrong choice. It's still really early though, she could definitely change my mind.

ZackT Wrote:I've been feeling more distant and generally frustrated with everything in our relationship lately, between myself and my girlfriend. I'd been planning on talking to her about everything sometime this week, but due to a fight we had on Monday night, things happened a bit quicker pace than that and I got most all of my feelings out right then.

She was sorry, she wanted a chance to do better and she wanted to fix us. I said I hadn't made a decision yet. Come Tuesday night, we talk some more, and after several hours, I finally got to the point where I said I didn't think it could be fixed, didn't want to try fixing it.

She suggested then that instead of just breaking up so fast, we go on a break and re-evaluate things in a month or so, with us just trying to be friends in the meantime. I agreed to it because it felt like the fair thing to do for her, and it was mutually good for us. So I changed my status on here to single, mostly because the next closest status is Open Relationship and that's not it. I'd put on a break if it was there, but I guess I'm essentially single.

Still trying to figure out where all my feelings are in this, but so far I don't feel like I've made the wrong choice. It's still really early though, she could definitely change my mind.

I can't offer much advice here, but it's clear that you handled the situation (albeit abruptly) well.

As you are older than me and have more life experience, I can assume you already know what you need to do, but I can say this.

Don't look at the glass as being half empty, but half full.
The reason people in relationships(from what I've observed) get into fights so often/ disagree alot, is because they view the glass as being half empty and try to over-fill it until eventually it spills over, without them realizing that it was already half full to begin with.

Don't get too bummed out though. We're never given more than we can handle Confusedmile: .

Kiss3 Bighug

Well at least its a mutual break =) I mean things could be much worse and all. As she said, find yourself and how you truly feel (Not sure what the problem in your relationship is) but I'm certain you'll find whats right for you to be happy Smile Good luck

Zack ,
I really hope that you can find a place of calm now.
You deserve to be happy and guilt free.

Here for you.
Bighug

Day 1 of our Break is going fine. I believe she's having dinner with one of her best friends tonight, at least I hope she still is. I'm at work. Had very little contact today.

I'm still not sure how to handle this situation, but so far so good?

This is going to be a weird month :|

I wish I could say something that's wise, helpful, and comforting.
Unfortunately all I can say is that I'm here for you and the fact that you feel you've made the right choice is a positive sign. Bighug

So I was in a serious relationship with a woman for over two years, I loved her, she loved me, but in bed it just wasn't exciting, and there wasn't that spark, I won't go into detail, but ultimately we ended up fighting and breaking up. Hardest break up ever, but, even then I knew something just wasn't right with our relationship. She deserved someone who loved her in everyway. With this time apart, maybe you will find out what you really want, and if its her, no harm no foul.. Smile

Hang in there Zack.

You're a good guy for being honest and fair.

That's all deposited into your Karma account. You'll get it back one day with interest.

Smile

ahh the tales of the lovelorn. at least zackt, ure making the right choice by thinking things out. eventually, it'll all make sense in the end.

I hope all goes well with the break Smile

[Image: url?sa=t&rct=j&q=rachel%20we%20were%20on...P21wTXSRfw]