Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was *not* the Aurora Borealis
So Saturday night I was going on and on to everyone, including people here in the chatroom, about how the flashing lights that I was seeing in the sky were the Aurora Borealis. This article facilitated that thinking.

Well I found out at work this morning that those lights were in fact projected from the light show at the birthday party of one of the woman in the office.

I was stood in my backgarden, on WhatsApp to [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION], saying things like "It's just so beautiful, I am in awe"... "This is so humbling. Nature is so beautiful"... "This is happening because of a solar storm that has travelled across space from the sun".

And all along it was this persons birthday party.

Suddenly I am struck by the beautiful irony of this.

That night I thought I was watching one of the most beautiful cosmic events known to man. Instead, in fact, that night, it was a beautiful event for one person who is special to a lot of people.

How significant is either one, really?

The Aurora Borealis happens plenty. That party for that person, was a one-off, unique event.

thats very interesting indeed though.

I was sceptical at first, but with that article it convinced me too that it was perhaps the Aurora Borealis you were seeing. The Aurora Borealis does happen plenty, but it is very rare to be able to see it so far south, if you had indeed saw it, it could've been a one-off, unique event for you too.

Ok....I won't tell anyone if you don't

Cowsleep
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]