Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just "broke up" with parasitic friend
Long story short, after weeks of her blowing off what I had already told her about why our friendship wasn't working, I sent her a long message reaffirming everything in clarity. We're officially over, and she's really upset.

I feel extremely relieved, but I also feel really sad. This had to be done, I've known for a while that she was no good for me, but this is all such a shock, I can't believe I actually threw her out of my life.

I feel great that I finally reaffirmed to her what needed to be said, but I also feel terrible. I can almost feel the hurt that she's feeling right now, but I know she could never understand what she's put me through with her possessiveness and her manipulation. She would never let someone like herself into her life.

I wasn't even expecting for this to happen tonight. I haven't really talked to her in weeks, but now it's all said and done.

Don't know what else to say, I just feel wonderful and deeply sad at the same time, it's an uncomfortable feeling. Just wanted to get that all out, felt the need for it to be known and hopefully understood.

Bluelight Wrote:Long story short, after weeks of her blowing off what I had already told her about why our friendship wasn't working, I sent her a long message reaffirming everything in clarity. We're officially over, and she's really upset.

I feel extremely relieved, but I also feel really sad. This had to be done, I've known for a while that she was no good for me, but this is all such a shock, I can't believe I actually threw her out of my life.

I feel great that I finally reaffirmed to her what needed to be said, but I also feel terrible. I can almost feel the hurt that she's feeling right now, but I know she could never understand what she's put me through with her possessiveness and her manipulation. She would never let someone like herself into her life.

I wasn't even expecting for this to happen tonight. I haven't really talked to her in weeks, but now it's all said and done.

Don't know what else to say, I just feel wonderful and deeply sad at the same time, it's an uncomfortable feeling. Just wanted to get that all out, felt the need for it to be known and hopefully understood.

At this moment you are my hero. Seriously. I want to be you when I grow up....

The single biggest mistake I ever made in my life was not doing what you just did. It is also my biggest regret.

I can promise you that you did the right thing!

Sounds like she was not a good person to have in your life. I know you feel badly for hurting her, but don't underestimate the courage it took for you to do this.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Now time to move on.

Don't let crocodile tears manipulate your decision. Those kind of people are experts at control and manipulation.

That's rough, but you are right... needed to be done. Nobody likes to hear negative things about themselves, even/especially if they are true. And she had it good with you, based on how you described it.

Time heals all wounds... concentrate on folks who balance out the give and take.

Time to start a new and exciting chapter in your life without her in it. Its going to be a lot more healthy than when she was in it, congrats and I know it might be painful right now in some ways but you made a wise choice.