Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT "Community" is Over....
A lot of young LGBT just want to go to eh normal pubs etc these days.

Tbu Ive walked through the LGBT community/scene and it's quite boring.

I think most people rather be part of a wider human community than be segregated.

It's probably the sign things are quite good, well at least in the UK.

I guess the days of going to a gay club is over as with normal clubs there isn't a huge market for it any more either.

Look at the big clubs like Fabric they are no more because people are not going out like they use to.

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] - thanks, you put it much more eloquently than I did - and everything you say is right on target.

Oh joy, one of the good members leaves and we're left with a growing number of fuckheads left here. This is a bad day.

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], I'm pretty confident that you didn't join GS for the political discussions.

Could another strategy here be for you to ignore the political threads and continue to participate on the other forum topics? I read all your posts here and value them. This place would be less, without you and your unique form of wisdom. There are young'uns here who need to hear your voice.

I voted today. I don't need to read any more political discussions until November 9th at the earliest!

If politics are the reason you're leaving, East, call me disappointed.

For one, I've seen maybe 2 (at best) people here openly declaring a Trump vote intention (of which one backed down, if I recall correctly). 2 people. Out of how many? And not all of us are American citizens, so not all of us are embroiled in this mess.

I call this "there are too many of you" an exaggeration on your part.

Perhaps it is best for you to be away from all political topics for the moment because they seem to be taking a toll on you. Hell it seems to be doing just that for a lot of people.

I'm unfamiliar as to how much of a community is there where you are. Certainly, there is no such thing over here and things are being accomplished, slowly, without one.

I'd hate to see you leave, especially over this, but if this is your choice, well, best of luck out there.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I will say, if there were a better candidate than Trump or yet another lying dirty Clinton, I'd vote for them...

This is the problem with American politics. No third party choice. Only choice is a liberal Democratic party or a racist and xenophobic Republican party

East Wrote:If there ever was a "community"...it will be fractured and fucked from now on. I doubt there ever was one though....not since the 70s and 80s anyway....

I am watching gay people flock to Trump and Pence now..and THIS is what you are voting for...

1. Supporting a constitutional amendment to ban marriage equality

In 2006, then-Rep. Pence told 100 of his fellow Republicans that he supported a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex weddings. Or as Pence put it, supported “God’s plan” in the face of the destruction of civilization. “Societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family,” Pence complained.

2. Signed a bill to jail same-sex couples for applying for a marriage license

In an effort to make a bad idea even worse, as governor Pence signed a bill in 2013 that would jail same-sex couples in Indiana who applied for a marriage license. To prove that he wasn’t singling gay people out, Pence was also willing to jail marriage clerks who supplied a license or clergy who performed the wedding.

3. Wanted to divert funding from HIV prevention to conversion therapy

This one’s a two-fer: as a Congressional candidate in 2000, Pence wrapped two awful ideas into a single dreadful proposal. He wanted to ensure that “federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus.” So where should the money go? “Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.” In other words, conversion therapy.

4. Opposed repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

Longing for the good old days of complete invisibility for gay people, Pence predictably ignored the preponderance of evidence in support of repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Instead, Pence put himself out there as a leading opponent of the policy change. “There’s no question to mainstream homosexuality within active duty military would have an impact on unit cohesion,” Pence argued, dismissing the repeal as “some liberal domestic social agenda.”

5. Complained about the passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes bill

In Pence’s ideal world, there would be zero protections. So it’s no surprise that he groused when the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes bill was signed into law in 2009. Pence didn’t cite legal objections. Instead, he complained that it advanced a “radical social agenda” and would have “a chilling effect on religious expression, from the pulpits, in our temples, in our mosques and in our churches.”

6. Served on the board of an antigay group

Pence has had a close relationship with the antigay leadership in his state. He served on the board of the Indiana Family Institute, an affiliate of Focus on the Family, which has been in the forefront of attacks on LGBT rights in the state, including a state constitutional amendment banning marriage equality. Thanks to its connections to Pence and other Republicans, IFI has been the recipient of funding for the state’s “Health Marriage” program. The former head of IFI has served as an aide to Pence both in Congress and the state house and as a campaign consultant.

7. Argued that passing ENDA would ban Bibles from the workplace

Of course, in Congress Pence voted against federal workplace protections. What was unique was his reasoning, which was that ENDA would discriminate against Christians. To comply with the law, Pence claimed, “the employer has to ban employees from having a Bible at the workplace for their break time, or displaying Bible verses.” Foreshadowing the Indiana religious liberty law, he went on: “We must stand for the right of every American to practice their faith according to the dictates of their conscience, whether it be in the public square or in the workplace.”

...and for the rest of your lifetimes...there will only be a Conservative Supreme Court..and they do NOT like you...

Way to go unraveling years and years of hard work....

The Republican Party you guys love now...they have the worst anti LGBT language to date...

Forget about the fact you are on the same team as Michelle Bachmann and David Duke....

I have to leave this website now....too many of you here...it makes me sick. I don't want to watch this anymore....

I am not coming back this time ...as far as I am concerned most of you are now my enemy....bye guys...

I am asking Andy to delete me permanently.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's so much more at stake here.

I can't say that I fault you for having these feelings. The steady stream of what I consider to be pro Trump/far-right leaning sentiment that is expressed on this forum is remarkable. In one sense it does feel like a passively aggressive (if not outright) statement of hostility towards gay people in general.

The sooner this is all over with the better.

I do hope you'll reconsider and maybe find your way back here sometime soon.