Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING on HBO
Grrr this threads title messes with me Tongue every time I see it im like... HBO... GAME OF THRONES MUAHAHAHAHA... oh damn, not for a while yet :*( then im sad again :*(

I just tried again to watch Game of Thrones but the first episode kinda turns me off really bad....

I know it is good...too many people I know that have great taste tell me so..but I disliked the people all around in the first episode so when episode two came on I stopped paying attention ...then I went back and started it over...and again.,..I drifted away....

Is it necessary to watch them in order to understand it?

East Wrote:I just tried again to watch Game of Thrones but the first episode kinda turns me off really bad....

I know it is good...too many people I know that have great taste tell me so..but I disliked the people all around in the first episode so when episode two came on I stopped paying attention ...then I went back and started it over...and again.,..I drifted away....

I would suggest in order as some episodes are pretty major! Smile *if you must skip a episode or two to watch it then do so* I can give you a general synopsis :tongue:
I would give examples but then that would ruin the surprise! I will say this though if its characters you dont like, rest easy that they will probably die soon. flip side, if theres characters you DO like,, they will probably die soon too :biggrin:.

soo far my favorite guy from the beginning is still alive.. but not doing too well Cry... lots of people die even major players so try not to get attached to anyone ..... one of the most powerful individuals gets killed on the toilet :S.... (in my opinion THE most powerful)

the story definitely gets more interesting as it goes though so rest easy, but it can be gory *shudders* two episodes were REALLY REALLY gory .. one made it on the news for peoples reactions O_o not sure what turns you off
but watching a show of people in powerful positions in an all out battle of wits, willpower and brute strength fight for an ultimate prize, couple with amazing scenery, great storyline and memorable characters.. yes and yes! Big Grin

Cuddly Wrote:My husbear told me not to watch episode 2. I wonder why Tongue Woof.

Maybe because there is a scene with Kevin buttle butt and some scene of bears dancing around ? Bear

I'm in love with Richie lol

East Wrote:I just tried again to watch Game of Thrones but the first episode kinda turns me off really bad....

Yes.

do not skip one episode.

Get used to everyone being fair game for dying and for loving/hating a lot of the characters.

We cannot wait for the next season.

Thanks...I will try it again.....

I think I might know the problem. I usually never actually sit down to watch a TV show in it's entirety...I am always doing other things as well. Very few get my complete attention...maybe only a handful. I would say that on average I actually watch maybe 1/2 of any show...I wait for my attention to be grabbed by something...

All I keep remembering is a group of dead bodies laying in some kind of pattern with some girl nailed to a tree....

No one is allowed to talk to me or even breathe during The Walking Dead LOLOL...and all the lights must be out...and it must be quiet. I give it my 100% complete attention..same with a few other shows...like ROME...or Six Feet Under...or Carnivale....

I am guessing that it is one of those shows that requires your complete attention?? Is this the case?

^ Yes. And we loved Carnivale and Rome....but the character development and the range of locations means you have to watch every minute.

Rareboy Wrote:^ Yes. And we loved Carnivale and Rome....but the character development and the range of locations means you have to watch every minute.

Good..glad I asked. I suspected as much. I will make sure I give it my complete attention as I feel like I am missing out and I do want to watch it.

*yawn*....Game of Thrones...boring.

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], i don't agree that you have to watch the episodes all in order to understand. if you are not entertained in the beginning just skip a whole season and check the next one. i do it like that. it's not difficult to catch up. you don't really need to know every tiny little detail that happened before. and from as much as i watched Game of Thrones, it was overdone, superficial, and lagged a lot, so in my opinion, you can even skip two seasons and still have no difficulties understanding. the point is to enjoy watching it, not to force yourself to enjoy it.

i didn't like Game of Thrones either. and i don't know that it's good at all (well, maybe they've improved it within the last two years). actually, i know it was damn dull.