Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga
I noticed that all other previous threads about Lady Gaga were closed, so use this one to share your own thoughts about her. How do you relate to her? What are your experiences with her music?

I've never really paid much attention to Lady Gaga before. I never enjoyed her genre of music, I rolled my eyes at her showiness, and I just plain didn't get her. I've come to appreciate her some lately though after reading into her a bit more. It may be old news to most, but I found out that her song "Poker Face" is about her own struggles with bisexuality and having to hide her real feelings. I've often felt the same way, and hid it from my ex-wife and even myself in my past marriage. So because I've found one thing to appreciate about Lady Gaga, I may start paying some attention to her. I can't guarantee that I will start liking recent pop music, but I do respect her message.

Your turn. What are your thoughts on Lady Gaga?

I like lady gaga, i didnt to begin with, but she seperated herself from the normal mode of "current pop star" and she stands out, im very pleased shes around, not that i listen to her an awful lot, but shes not afraid to be different. She doesnt really care. And shes more creative than most. Shes actually a star, not another kelly clarkson, x factor wannabe

There a plenty of pop stars i couldnt give two f#?@! about, but, like yourself, i respect her.

To me she's always been kind of pretentious in taking her art way too seriously when it basically just relies on random bizarre costumes and weird sexualized acts + lyrical innuendo. She's catchy though, even me who dislikes her music has to admit that. Then again, most pop is pretty catchy...

Liked her until I realized that all her "quirky" and "outrageous" outfits are all just cast-offs from the catwalks about 10 years ago. Used to be fascinated with her sense of style, and now I just look at her, and wonder who she's ripping off this time.

Mind you, when I say ripping off, I don't mean slightly similar... I mean she is wearing the exact same costumes they paraded around in 2003 for instance. So I'm assuming money has changed hands, even though she claims to be dirt poor and all that rubbish. And I'm fairly sure she's also said she makes her own clothes, but I have literally seen side-to-side pictures of her hearing wearing things from years ago, and not just a few - a lot - so I'm no longer inclined to believe a word she says.

Her music's alright though. But with producers like Red One, and enough autotune - who isn't alright these days? Most of the attention she gets is because of her behaviour, not because of her musical talent, and the worst thing is she's so popular that decent artists are feeling the need to copy her to stay relevant in this age of quirkyness. It's depressing IMHO :/

I liked her from before, but can't comment on right now, cause she's been pretty quiet in the music scene, lately.

Can't wait to hear what she has in store for us in the future.

I do appreciate, on another note, her activism and passion in making this world a better place for LGBT youth, and in general. I also find her to be extremely articulate, and solid in her personal life, and professionally, based on the Oprah interview she did a while back.

SolemnBoy Wrote:To me she's always been kind of pretentious in taking her art way too seriously when it basically just relies on random bizarre costumes and weird sexualized acts + lyrical innuendo. She's catchy though, even me who dislikes her music has to admit that. Then again, most pop is pretty catchy...

ALL of this.

I dont really care for her. She has decent musical talent but nothing to go crazy over. I liked Pokerface and a few other of her songs. Her novelty of "bucking the system just to buck the system" got old fast though.

I enjoy Gaga and she's extremely talented.....but i know she can do better musically. Born this Way SUCKED. I hope she grows musically.....cause i know she's capable of it. Oh and look/stage presence wise.....she's not that innovative. I want to tell the younger ones look up glam rock please

Mick

I love lady gaga, one of my fav

I liked her when she first started (first couple of albums), now I dont care for her much. Dont like the way her music style has gone.

And she seems to be nothing but a Bjork/Madonna copycat wannabe now.

When I watched the Marry the Night video....I kept saying "Is this the new Madonna video"????
Because it was pretty much carbon copy of a lot of Madonnas stuff, including the fashions.