Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lol @ artists on dating sites
The artist - (probably of a photography persuasion) - who makes a profile on a dating site, and forget what kind of site they are on. So, rather than uploading pictures that show clearly who they are, they upload pictures in which they are barely visible;

the pictures they put on their Instagram with the auto-filters;

"artistic, in-the-moment" shots of them stood at a distance;

shots of them with their face away from the camera;

shots of their nose as they look out of a train window with the sun GLARING at the camera;

shots of them with a cigarette or glass of wine in their hand, over-exxagerating a fake laughter with their friends such that, once again, their face is not really visible.

ARTISTS. Who'd have 'em?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This is what pics should look like on all those sites.

[Image: latest?cb=20120329233907]

Or the, "This is what I look like..." ... 15 years ago when I was hot.

Who would have them? Me, potentially.

The photo section is just like the written section - an area to put forth something about yourself. On most hook-up sites, you'll see a lot of photos that basically say "this is what my cock looks like" or "this is what my ass looks like". On dating sites, you'll see a lot of photos that basically say "this is what my face looks like". And that stands to reason. A lot of people won't consider hooking up with or dating somebody without knowing what these body parts look like. But that's not the only way guys use that section. Some post photos of them in nice cars or swank bedrooms - that's their way of saying "I have a lot of money, and will potentially give you some luxury while you're with me".

And yeah, sometimes you get artsy photos. And, like the photos of guys in nice cars, there tends to be a not-so-hidden message there. "I'm using these photos instead of just a photo of my face/ass/junk because my face/ass/junk isn't that impressive". But they can say other things, too. "I like to try different things." "I think I have an artistic temperament." "I consider myself a romantic." And yeah, a lot of people will skip over these pictures/profiles since they only care about whether the guy is attractive or not. But that doesn't mean everybody does.

A couple of years ago, I created a profile on a hook-up site. (It wasn't to find hook ups, but it's rather a long story, and not really relevant.) For my profile picture, I drew a "lifesize" picture of a cartoon gorilla face, and took a photo of me holding it up in front of my face. And yeah, I'm assuming a lot of people skipped right over my profile because of it. But I got a surprising number of responses. Occasionally, they were just "dtf" messages, but most actually engaged me in conversation. "Hey, I like your picture - that's different." "That looks like (cartoon gorilla) - is that who was it supposed to be?" "I didn't think I'd end up responding to a gorilla on this site, but it's easily the best thing I've seen today." So yeah - some people do respond to that sort of thing.

Lex

Mais quand vous êtes un artiste qui ressemble empereur Palpatine, quel choix avez-vous?

[Image: kfpi62u.jpg]