Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lonely and want some friends please
It's nice to feel like I am not a freak and are actually a real person with feelings that I can express with other gay people.
Confidence is a real big issue for me and already I feel like people care. Thank you

Hello Gavin Welcome

HIII Gavin! :biggrin: Wavey Welcome

Welcome! Wavey

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I have gone for it and put a picture up of myself, Oh what a troll !
I never let people take photo's of myself as I just hate it.
It's a start and although very difficult for me I am trying to sort my life out a bit. x x x

I totally get you with the shy part :|
I never go to a guy/girl and start a conversation, i only talk when someone engages me ... still working to repair this thing, but it takes a lot of practice Sad
But being shy makes you a good friend

Yes it does, And there are people really in the same situation ??
When I get to know someone I have a great sense of humour and open up a bit more, But being inexperienced there is always that guard up.
I hope to talk to many people and eventually meet up or even go on a break with simular people so that I can lift this inner hurt and be who I want to be.
Although shy I am at that point where I have to try and do something. X

Don;t get me wrong i am shy too. It just takes practice ... being a shy person makes you instantly a very analizing person, that's why the thing with "i should probably not say that or do that", because you think way too much on what they will say. Sad
I was like this , and i kinda still am. But my job really helped me; as a guide and barman you are forced to talk to people, sucked at start but then it was a reflex to talk about everything.

Hi Gavin welcome. Your make loads of friends here. Confusedmile:

mihai Wrote:Don;t get me wrong i am shy too. It just takes practice ... being a shy person makes you instantly a very analizing person, that's why the thing with "i should probably not say that or do that", because you think way too much on what they will say. Sad
I was like this , and i kinda still am. But my job really helped me; as a guide and barman you are forced to talk to people, sucked at start but then it was a reflex to talk about everything.

Such wise words, Judgement will always happen, but you can never be sure what the judgement will be, the person you might be shy to talk to might look at you and think, he seems awesome, or cute, or friendly. Its not always going to be negative judgement. Customer service jobs do tend to help with the shy-ness side of things because you have to talk to people, and in that line of work, you eventually build a level of empathy to be able to identify who not to bother and who would welcome you with open arms...

Me i tend to glomp people, because thats who i am

for those who dont know a glomp is a running, jumping and hugging a person.