Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Troubles
Hey guys, I've got some man troubles at the moment.

I go to the LGBT society at my uni and there are loads of really nice people. There are loads of gay guys that go there but I don't find any of them physically attractive in a sexual way. (there's one guy who is kinda cute but he is really short and he is in a happy relationship anyway, there's one other guy who is kinda fit but he drinks too much)

Anyway, the majority fo guys there I don't find sexually attractive, should I lower my standards a bit? Loads of them have great personalities and I have made good friends but I just don't fancy any of them. What shall I do guys?

I have had a few awkward situations where guys from the LGBT society that I've seen as friends have fancied me but I haven't liekd them back, luckily I have managed to maintain the friendships though Smile

Am I too picky?

...likely...
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I think this is a question you should be asking yourself.

Look's fade away, you can find sexual attraction in personalty.

But I don't feel sexually attracted to them so I wouldn't enjoy kissing them or doing anything else with them. Obviously there are guys I do find attractive (just not in this lgbt society at my Uni)

RockerBlocks Wrote:I think this is a question you should be asking yourself.

Look's fade away, you can find sexual attraction in personalty.

I used to fancy my Judo teacher and he was in his 40s so I can still see attractiveness in older people. I can also admire good looks in older people, as in quite old, not in a sexual way but I can see who is good looking and admire it.

Also, if someone has a feature that I really don't find attractive then why should I force myself to do things with them, that I wouldn't enjoy?

I once had an awkward grindr date where I wasn't attracted to the guy but I ended up doing things with the guy cos it was too awkward not too, it was horrid!

If it's that bad then, no, don't lower your standards...just don't expect much in the way of sex in your life either, because the world isn't going to change to please you.

I don't see anything wrong with being picky...as long as such a person keeps in mind the truly perfect guy (or whatever) is likely also looking for perfection....and you're not it anymore than the rest of us.

I would not suggest you lower your standards , if you are not attracted to them ,you are not attracted to them.

That way no gets hurt.

I mean this with respect, but what is the difference between "high standards" and "being shallow"? I've always developed attraction to people with whom I connect on more than just the level of appearance.

Just don't look for perfection - there's no such thing.

It sounds to me like you are attracted to older men. nothing wrong with that, just don't expect to find one your age attractive.

Now if you are refusing to get to know them just because they don't meet you ideal of physical perfection, you are missing out on knowing a lot of great guys and, maybe letting Mr. Right walk away just because he doesn't look as perfect as you think you want.

Trust me, the older you get the less the body matters, and it really doesn't matter at all when the right man is inside that body. He might be in a hunk of a body, or a battered and broken shell of one, it doesn't matter - it's the WHO is in there that really matters in a relationship.