Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandating the vax.
Common sense requires considerate compassion. Point well made @Insertnamehere Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(12-12-2021, 10:26 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: Easily? EASILY????
Just how many friends and family members have died in your circle friend? I have not surrendered my basic rights. What an insensitive and self-serving remark, made out of the context of compassion and respect.

Thanks for making the day brighter.

Yes, easily. I wasn't talking specifically about you, I have no idea whether you have or have not given up your freedom and rights, nor do I care. But a lot of people have, and a number of governments are trampling down basic human rights, and forcing things on people that they have no business doing. That much is evident to anyone looking at things with open eyes.

Exactly how many friends or family of mine have died to covid is none of your business. But the implication that one needs to have had someone close die to this pandemic to have the correct perspective is absolutely wrong. It's the exact opposite. One needs not have had any emotional trauma or stress associated with losing a loved one to this virus, in order to sustain an objective and clear perspective. People who have lost someone *and* who are advocating for government restrictions affecting other people's lives are acting out of trauma and are thus biased and their viewpoint cannot be taken seriously. This has always been common sense.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

government restrictions...LMBO

ur funny. Don't look up!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(01-03-2022, 12:07 AM)meridannight Wrote: I have no idea whether you have or have not given up your freedom and rights, nor do I care. But a lot of people have, and a number of governments are trampling down basic human rights, and forcing things on people that they have no business doing. That much is evident to anyone looking at things with open eyes.

Exactly how many friends or family of mine have died to covid is none of your business. But the implication that one needs to have had someone close die to this pandemic to have the correct perspective is absolutely wrong. It's the exact opposite. One needs not have had any emotional trauma or stress associated with losing a loved one to this virus, in order to sustain an objective and clear perspective. People who have lost someone *and* who are advocating for government restrictions affecting other people's lives are acting out of trauma and are thus biased and their viewpoint cannot be taken seriously. This has always been common sense.

I don't exactly equate a vaccine mandate to loss of freedom rights or trampling over basic human rights. Vaccines have been mandated in schools and workplaces longer than I have been around. It's nothing new. I do think people should be able to refuse the vaccine due to their religious beliefs, or whatever reason. However, I do feel that there is a lot of misinformation and the handling? The handling of the vaccine situation, I mean we were doing lotteries to get people vaccinated and I do not think that is a good way to go about it. Sure, I'll take the money but I don't think that many people got the vaccine because they thought they were going to win money. People need to have faith in the vaccine and believe that it will work. That was the attitude on polio even after they fucked up 200k doses injecting live polio virus in many kids, some which died or were paralyzed as a result and despite all that, polio was eradicated in the 70's (you can look all this crap up if you like).

I don't know how effective the vaccines really are against COVID, probably not as much so as they claim especially when it comes to new variants and so on. I have had both doses of Moderna and the booster and I do not have a hand growing out of my ass or have any evidence of being microchipped. Putting that aside, I would make the assertion that getting COVID is probably more harmful than receiving the vaccine among the general populous.

When it comes to this stuff about rights and freedom... Well there's a lot of stuff the government compels us to do, paying taxes is one of them. Have to have a driver's license to drive a car, I have to have a passport to re-enter the US, I have to have a license to use amateur radio bands. I can get thrown in jail for driving 100 mph on the interstate. I mean, why not, if I don't want to obey the posted speed limit, why can't I drive 100 mph, it's my god damned car and I want to get to places quicker. Oh am I potentially endangering others? Ah, fuck those slow pokes. Its my right, right? Don't complain to me about laws about reckless driving, the government trampled over my rights to travel.

Okay, so sarcasm aside. I don't really care about the issue at this point. The people who want to get vaccinated and are going to get vaccinated have probably already done so. I don't think anyone will convince those who don't want the vaccine to get the vaccine. People are cemented in their positions.

The government, good, bad, indifferent, has a responsibility to its citizens. While there's a shit ton of things the government does that I, you, other people, may like or not like, they can be useful. It's why we have parks, roads, military, etc. We have a pandemic, people are dying or becoming very ill, people expect the government to do something. What do you think the appropriate action should have been?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Insertnamehere