Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandating the vax.
What are your guys' opinions on mandating the shot? I'm un-vaxxed, but I think if you want it you should be able to get it, and if you don't it shouldnt be forced. Saw some low-brow Youtuber screaming everyone should be made to take the shot, by absolute force, regardless of any civil rights or whatever. Obviously thats an extremist nut-job stance, but I'm curious as to your guys' opinions. 

My reason? I have a few, but mainly I just have a very healthy distrust for the government.

Of course, not. There are some people who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons. What about them? Nobody thinks about them.

(10-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Tjemka88 Wrote: Of course, not. There are some people who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons. What about them? Nobody thinks about them.

For those we have medical exemptions in the US (also have religious exemptions (which I do not consider valid))
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Are there things you simply cannot legally do without having the proper vaccinations? Why? What?
How is C19 different from polio, measles, diphtheria, and any other "mandated" vax?

How do we contain the pandemic if not through science? Is it acceptable to just let it "run its course" and kill off more and more?

Mandates are not universal nor all-encompassing. In the military you take your shots or else. Same as for qualifying for many schools, sports and all sorts of things involving the potential transmission of deadly infectious diseases.

All the pissing and moaning in the world will not affect the scientific method for survival and health unless something unethical or illegal happens whether in ignorance or avarice.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(10-17-2021, 02:44 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Tjemka88 Wrote: Of course, not. There are some people who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons. What about them? Nobody thinks about them.

For those we have medical exemptions in the US (also have religious exemptions (which I do not consider valid))

You can't Constitutionally force people to violate their faith. It's illegal and morally reprehensible.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Adam88's post:
  • Bhp91126

(10-17-2021, 03:45 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: Are there things you simply cannot legally do without having the proper vaccinations? Why? What?
How is C19 different from polio, measles, diphtheria, and any other "mandated" vax?

How do we contain the pandemic if not through science? Is it acceptable to just let it "run its course" and kill off more and more?

Mandates are not universal nor all-encompassing. In the military you take your shots or else. Same as for qualifying for many schools, sports and all sorts of things involving the potential transmission of deadly infectious diseases.

All the pissing and moaning in the world will not affect the scientific method for survival and health unless something unethical or illegal happens whether in ignorance or avarice.

The difference is Covid has a far smaller fatality rate than those. But if I could go back in time, I'd be against those "mandated" vax's as well. We can't really contain the virus, it's already everywhere. If people don't want the shot, it shouldnt matter to the vaxxers if they already have theirs. It's not the job of of the unvaccinated to protect the vaccinated. Thats the vaccines job.
  • meridannight

(10-17-2021, 04:32 PM)Adam88 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 02:44 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote:

You can't Constitutionally force people to violate their faith. It's illegal and morally reprehensible.
Just one example. The Pope has encouraged all to be vaccinated and provided no religious rationale for Catholics to refuse it, yet some bishops in the U.S. are opposing it on religious grounds. Sounds more like a convenient excuse than anything else.

I do think that with a FDA approved vaccine that the government can "force" people to vaccinate. That comes in two general flavors. Your employer is forced to make their employees get the vaccine or that you (or your kids, if applicable) get the vaccine if you attend a school/college. The exceptions would be a medical reason or religious grounds (bullshit *cough*). Generally speaking, that's the way it is and the way it's been. I had to receive vaccines before I start kindergarten back in 1991, and again for a previous employer.

What the fuck does the "death rate" have to do with anything? Polio didn't kill that many people, most children weren't paralyzed from it either, cases were often mild. So why then in the 1950's were people more inclined to get their children vaccinated? No kidding that the culture and times have changed, but people certainly trusted the experts and more faith in science and progress. Measles is about on par with COVID. Over 600,000 people dead in the US alone from COVID, what number is appropriate for you folks who are refusing the vaccine?

People are also just too fucking stupid to even frame a valid "question" concerning the vaccine.... Here's an example.

Now I don't know what needle aspiration is but I asked someone who does and their response was "what the fuck does that have to do with administering a vaccine?" Furthermore, I did find this that kind of explain it. It's simply that it isn't necessary. https://www.immunize.org/askexperts/admi...ccines.asp

I am fixated on this supposed question, which to those who don't know, sounds like it could be a big deal right? Then you have the person claiming that natural immunity is better and sure, it could be, but maybe not for everyone. Getting infected with a virus is not the same as getting a vaccine, as in you're not rolling the dice on getting very sick and or dying, suffering long term effects or some post-infection illness like shingles. That's the point, people who aren't experts are trying to be experts. They don't know what questions to ask, or just make up some bullshit questions or repeat some talking points they heard on Fox News. Even if you provide a valid answer they don't understand and aren't interested in it. If you ask me it is the same politicization crap that came with the Trump campaign, it's like it never ended.

If you ask me though. The government shouldn't have to tell you to wash your hands, to wear a mask or get vaccinated. Unless you have a valid medical reason, quit being a "milk baby bitch" and roll up your sleeve and take the shot.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bhp91126, ChadCoxRox

"Roll up your sleeves and take the shot".

How about I unzip my pants and you suck my dick instead? Regarding the previous pandemic like Polio and all that, I don't think the government should have forced it THEN either. Just because it's happened before, doesn't make it right at that point in time either. As for natural immunity, the science says it is in fact better than the shot, but it's constantly downplayed because it doesn't make any money for Moderna or Pfizer. The vaxxers have been screaming for everyone to follow the science this entire time, but now that its not going with what they want, they're downplaying it. It's amazing how people will immediately surrender rights to their own, actual body out of government stoked fear. Now, I'm a religious man, at least I'd like to think so. But I'm not going to use my faith as a reason not to take the shot. It's not because of my faith, it's because I don't want too, and I really don't owe anyone a reason why. It's not my job to protect you from the virus. Thats the vaccines job. And if you're all inoculated up, then why care if I'm not? You're safe, right? After all, you got the vax. So why are you worried about the un-vaxxed?

This entire episode of American hysteria has pointed out a far more dangerous threat to me than Covid. And it's what people will try to force others to do out of fear that the government sows into people. We went from "just two weeks to flatted the curve" to "take the vaccinations or you lose your job, your income, and you will no longer be able to feed your family which is already in trouble because of our shut downs" in less than a year. If thats not some dystopian psudeo-Nazi bullshit, I don't know what is.

Theres also the fact that people who don't want the vax aren't trying to take it away from you. But you on the other side ARE trying to force it on others. You are the aggressors.
  • meridannight

(10-18-2021, 07:57 PM)Adam88 Wrote:   How about I unzip my pants and you suck my dick instead?

[Image: tumblr_o43t2dTwSY1ro8ysbo1_500.gifv]

Save your energy needle dick.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox