Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage Equality Wins in the U.S.!
very happy today!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

These are the lights on the White House tonight.

[Image: white-house-rainbow.jpg]

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2015/06/white...ge-ruling/

It's official here in South Dakota and more importantly In MY county. Pennington County issued the first license in the state about 2 pm.

[URL="http://www.kotaradio.com/2015/06/26/Daugaard-SD-will-comply-with-marriage-ruling/21682041"]...... the governor said the state will comply with the ruling.
[/URL]

I've gotten two texts from friends about a survey done by local TV news TODAY here in Western South Dakota about the ruling. 64% Support the ruling 36% don't.

Iceblink Wrote:I guess it depends on what you want out of it, [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION]. For some that commitment of love does not need that license as a symbol of the love and so a legal marriage might only mean something practical. We do not all have to have the same meaning in a legal marriage. People just need to remember that while an attorney can draw up papers for things such as inheritance, medical decisions, and child adoption, no attorney can write a contract that allows an unmarried couple to collect the other's social security in the event of a death, force an employer to cover the other for benefits if they only do that for married couples, or to not have to pay the inheritance tax, if the estate is large enough, that married couples do not have to pay. There are some things you can only get through civil marriage. In the news today we've seen all kinds of sweet stories about love, hugs, and tears, but that is stuff we personally add to it. The ruling today was about the legal contract, not the emotion and spirituality we as individuals add to it.

I don't disagree at all with anything you wrote...and eventually it is the reasons you state that we will be married......

...and I would have fought to the death for equality under the law...not just for us...for everyone..always...even if I dislike who I am fighting for...principle will always win for me and I can easily separate my personal feelings from the issue of equality...

I have to separate ALOT when I defend free speech...

The institution of marriage though....on a spiritual level...or an emotional level....for me....reminds me of death and despair...

...and I fear the gay version of the Southern Baptist Ladies Morality Society will appear very soon.....defining what "marriage means"...or what it "should be" for all the rest of us.

I also think as soon as the Republicans figure it out how desperately a lot of us want to be "in the club" and figure out how to manipulate us...they will have the majority of the gay white male vote....give it 12 years....

Acceptance comes at a price.....a big one. I believe in the soul..and I think we may collectively lose ours....

I know...I am supposed to celebrate today...and a part of me does...but another part of me is singing "This Masquerade" over and over in my head...because that's what a lot of marriages remind me of........

I guess I should add...I have seen a lot of wonderful marriages...and people happy in their marriage...I think I just have a deep psychological imprint when I was growing up and seeing my parents and all the neighbors....cheating....lying.....depressed....fighting...UGH Today...when I see tract homes that all look alike..I have the same feelings....death and despair...

..and then hearing religious people for the entirety of my life telling all the rest of us what "marriage means"...UGH...makes me want to run....

!It's unbelievable!

#lovewins !

Congratulations.

http://www.newnownext.com/and-justice-fo...y/06/2015/

The world is going crazy!!!!!! hahahahahah.

First marriage license to gays in South Dakota was right here in Pennington County yesterday.... B&B guests who went downtown to party last night told me there were three weddings downtown by the fountain and the crowd was pretty big....

Well... since Jaybird asked me to marry him yesterday morning after we heard it on the news.... (I asked him three years ago) I guess we're back on to do it July 11th when his parents and Granny come to visit.... The proposal was funny as heck... he'd just gotten out of the shower when it came on the news... and in so many words he said that in my spare time I needed to be carping up a wedding... (carping = taking, seizing, getting -- from carpe diem)

So... after the first second of agreement... I went "UNNNN UHHHHH!!!!! If you want me to marry your ass you better do it right" He was cute as heck groveling.... three times... before I said yes hahahahahaha! I got all sorts of perks in the hardball negotiations...

Virge Wrote:The world is going crazy!!!!!! hahahahahah.

First marriage license to gays in South Dakota was right here in Pennington County yesterday.... B&B guests who went downtown to party last night told me there were three weddings downtown by the fountain and the crowd was pretty big....

Well... since Jaybird asked me to marry him yesterday morning after we heard it on the news.... (I asked him three years ago) I guess we're back on to do it July 11th when his parents and Granny come to visit.... The proposal was funny as heck... he'd just gotten out of the shower when it came on the news... and in so many words he said that in my spare time I needed to be carping up a wedding... (carping = taking, seizing, getting -- from carpe diem)

So... after the first second of agreement... I went "UNNNN UHHHHH!!!!! If you want me to marry your ass you better do it right" He was cute as heck groveling.... three times... before I said yes hahahahahaha! I got all sorts of perks in the hardball negotiations...

Fuck yeah. Congrats to you guys.

Miles Wrote:Fuck yeah. Congrats to you guys.

Thanks Milesy... I'm so danged proud and happy to be right where I am (Pennington County SD) with who I am (Jaybird) and running the only really gay oriented business in this county (our B&B for gay tourists -- 99% are motorcycle enthusiasts) The first gay marriage in SD was in this county yesterday... with 3 more downtown last night at the fountain.

My parents bought RV yacht last week and are doing the roads.... but they heard the news and have told us Jay and I don't have any excuses for not doing it now.... and we're not going to let them in on us planning it out... and getting Jay's Mom and mine all up in the wedding planning like they were the first time around.... This time we're taking control of it and doing it our way and going to surprise them...

Jay's parents are coming for his 30th birthday on July 11th... which will be the wedding date... we're going to invite the parents to a B'day party and spring the wedding on them...

We've had the music picked out for over a year, already talked to the musicians yesterday... and got a dozen giddy gays lined up to help us pull this off... We're going to make it a BBQ, birthday party out on the farm, by the lake with music, and all that... and then spring it on most the people... No church, no tuxes, no pews, no wedding invitations, and MOST OF ALL no danged wedding gifts to deal with.

Honeymoon : after Labor Day destination TBA.... it'll be a road trip for sure.