Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage is a man and a woman living together
[SIZE="5"]Angela Merkel doesn't believe in gay marriage:
'For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together'[/SIZE]

[Image: l9188gist2h.png]

Angela Merkel has insisted that marriage should only be between a man and woman.
The German Chancellor backed equal benefits for same-sex couples - such as tax breaks - and said that while discrimination should be "eliminated" she drew a "difference" between civil partnerships and marriage.
But the committed Christian, who has been married twice, gave her personal definition of marriage as ‘a man and a woman living together’, in a YouTube interview with Florian Mundt, a YouTube known under the alias LeFloid who has a significant online following.
“I’m someone who is very supportive of us eliminating all discrimination. We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian," she said, according to the Huffington Post.
“For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together. That is my concept, but I support civil partnerships."
Ms Merkel went on to say stress that marriage should be strictly defined as between a man and a woman, adding: "I am for registered civil partnerships. I am for our not having any discrimination in tax legislation. And wherever we still find discrimination, we will continue to dismantle it," according to German broadcaster Deutsche Welle.
Explaining further, the German leader said: "I don’t want discrimination and equality, but I make a difference at some point."
In May, Ms Merkel ruled out introducing same-sex marriage in Germany following the referendum in Ireland.

A spokesperson for the Chancellor told Reuters news agency at the time: “Today was an important milestone in dismantling discrimination and the chancellor is pleased about that… but same-sex marriages are not a goal of this government."
read more:
German government rules out introducing same-sex marriage
Greek debt crisis: 'Who will trust Germany after this?'
Men holding hands on Russian streets face hatred
A spokesman for UK LGBT charity Stonewall said: "Can someone really support ‘eliminating all discrimination’ if they believe that same-sex unions shouldn’t be labelled as ‘marriages’?
“It must be a quiet week for Angela if her current concern is synonyms."
Merkel, a former research scientist, is the daughter of a Lutheran minister and has described herself as a member of the evangelical church.
Her party, the Christian Democratic Union, is the German equivalent of the British Conservative Party.

[i]independent.co.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone surprised? I'm not.[/i]
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

It's all semantics. Does it really matter that there will always be people who hold on to their beliefs. Do people really believe we will all be in agreement on everything.

What is important is what the two people in the relationship want to call it. Where the name causes blockage of benefits or equality, that can be addressed just as all the other progress has been addressed and changed. It takes time to change a culture. Heck, there are still Americans that want slavery back. Stay positive. Move forward. Let the narrow minded dwell in their anger.

I'm not going to pout up and start hating on Merkel just because she doesn't want to bump pussies with a dike. Think about it. If I start judging her on her views on marriage I'm giving her the right to judge to me on my views on marriage. She can say anything she wants to say, do anything she wants to about marriage as long as she makes her word match what what she does and I'm good with it.

Because...........

I intend to the do the same damned thing and get the same fucking amount of respect from the people who rant and holler against men being able to marry men.... THIS marriage is an example for THEM to imitate and envy... And if they want to fuck with THIS marriage... they better pack lunch and bring friends... It's going to take all day and they're going to need help.....

And they need to be thinking about body armor if they want to make it personal. I made a life long commitment to defend my man and THIS marriage... and I didn't put that in the vows just to be fluffy.

Okay, I know a solution to all of this that will make most everybody happy, when talking about gay couples, instead of it being called marriage, legally, it will now be referred to as "schmarriage", schmarriage will be exactly the same to marriage in every regards, it will just be called schmarriage. Along with these new rules, men or women who are seen by a husband/wife outside the marriage will now be called "concubines" or "polygamy" instead of "hussy" or "home wrecker" so as too be inline with "traditional values" or also known as "big steaming pile of bull-shit" :biggrin:

I can understand where she's coming from being a devoted Christian and all but I hate the mix of politics and religion. if that's what you believe then fine but have have other people in your country in your government that have different religious beliefs. plus marriage wasn't created by Christianity anyway.

and [MENTION=22947]rado84[/MENTION] I did see the video of the two guys holding hands in Russian streets and it was awful. I started to post it here but it seemed a little to negative.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

[MENTION=14551]jaxc[/MENTION] ..... I'm really disappointed to read that you're so "malinformed" about marriage. I'm doing my best to be polite after you equivocated marriage with concubines, polygamy, home wrecker... add in sheep fuckers and corpse pokers and you have scooped up all the psycho-idiotic arguments that have been made about same sex marriage.

The real truth is straights have had close to 2,000 years to build up a defense of their of their TOTALLY BULLSHIT claims about the "sanctity of marriage" which they have totally butt fucked beyond anything that can be put on the comedy channel.

We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian," she said, according to the Huffington Post.

...because of people...like her....

ceez Wrote:and [MENTION=22947]rado84[/MENTION] I did see the video of the two guys holding hands in Russian streets and it was awful. I started to post it here but it seemed a little to negative.

If you think that's awful, you should watch "Parada" (means "parade") of 2011. It's based on the real story.
https://thepiratebay.mn/torrent/8971281/...%282011%29
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

She's a politition trough and through.

She can't be too progressive, because it would cost her much Voets from the conservativ part. Also there are the Ultra-Conservatives that still have much influence, like CSU.

So why should she equal marriage if she can just call it by another name and everybody is equally unhappy. In her eyes thats a very good compromise.

Not that I agree with her, but I understand why she does it, especally if next time SPD has the upper hand they will Vote for this anyway. So no rush for her to do so. Rr they make it a condition on the coalition contract so she can pretend to be forced to do so.

greetz

I find it more telling that she claims to be Christian, but (like so many others) is working on her second marriage...which means she has been divorced. Jesus never said a single word regarding homosexuality, HOWEVER, he DID have something to say about Divorce.
According to Jesus, divorce is a sin in and of itself, which leads to the further sin of Adultery. He said that only the first marriage is valid, and by "re-marrying" one is committing Adultery.
~Beaux