Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masc Vs. Fem
I feel people can express themselves as they see fit.

Compared to the people around me...my views are considered to be "out there":biggrin:...and I love telling people what I think because I like to think for myself and I have alot of original thoughts:biggrin:...been telling them since I was 18 or 19 which is when I figured this whole thing out. I read last year that Steven Tyler in an interview said basically the same thing I have been saying since I was 18 which was kinda cool to hear someone else say it.

I believe in the journey of the soul and I believe when you are an old soul especially you will be close to a perfect balance of male/female energy. I always told people I only date men who have a 40-60 or 60-40 balance of female/male energy...anything less is unacceptable for me...I have no interest. I also used to tell people I am ideally looking for a 49/51 or 51/49 ration of male to female energy (and I found one).

Also...male/female energy have no outward signs...you can be outwardly ultra masculine and be female in either body, soul or mind or outwardly ultra feminine and be masculine in either body, soul or mind.

As I said...all of the men and women I am attracted to have a balance of female and male energy. I feel the presence of God in most of them.

East Wrote:Compared to the people around me...my views are considered to be "out there":biggrin:...and I love telling people what I think because I like to think for myself and I have alot of original thoughts:biggrin:...been telling them since I was 18 or 19 which is when I figured this whole thing out. I read last year that Steven Tyler in an interview said basically the same thing I have been saying since I was 18 which was kinda cool to hear someone else say it.

I believe in the journey of the soul and I believe when you are an old soul especially you will be close to a perfect balance of male/female energy. I always told people I only date men who have a 40-60 or 60-40 balance of female/male energy...anything less is unacceptable for me...I have no interest. I also used to tell people I am ideally looking for a 49/51 or 51/49 ration of male to female energy (and I found one).

Also...male/female energy have no outward signs...you can be outwardly ultra masculine and be female in either body, soul or mind or outwardly ultra feminine and be masculine in either body, soul or mind.

As I said...all of the men and women I am attracted to have a balance of female and male energy. I feel the presence of God in most of them.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]Hi East! As ever you sum things up very nicely! In my own experience, people who focus specifically on "levels" of masculinity/femininity are actually missing out on a very important aspect of their relationships: the PERSON. I can't help bud feel there is a degree of superficialality involved ("I only date butch guys"--"I only date blond guys"--"I only date models", et. al....)
This wonderful journey, this life, is shaped by our decisions; the reverse of that coin is that it in turn shapes us. As you have so eloquently stated, we are all a mix of both the feminine and the masculine; the degree to which we each display those traits varies from person to person, but it is for that reason (I believe) that the indigenous people's of North America referred to homosexuals as "People of Two Spirits". Some might say that is one of the significant factors tht make homosexuals special; however, I maintain that it is our individuality that makes us each so wonderfully unique!
Perhaps it is something that comes with age, but I could no more honestly say: "I would never date a man who is more feminine than myself" than I could say "I could never love someone that isn't classically beautiful". When I hear someone say that they are embarrassed to be seen with a man who is "obviously a homo", what I actually hear them saying is that they aren't comfortable with who THEY are. I am not directing that statement to anyone specifically on this thread, nor do I mean to pose offense to anyone participating in this conversation; just my humble opinion.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I say to each their own and who are we to pass judgement.

I like to listen to others so i don;t talk that much, but i am masculine when someone needs a cheer up or advice, and feminine when someone is shy or sad. But i think i act like a normal dude in none of those situations :\

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I play hockey and love musicals. I love to work on cars and do my hair. You know, I have many traits that are classified as typically "masculine" or "feminine", but that just makes me human. Everyone is a mixture of both. I HATE that argument, too, because it just pits everyone against one another. We have 101 REAL problems in this world and whether we are more "masculine" or "feminine" should not be one of them. We fight for acceptance and understanding, yet so often we are intolerant of each other...

I don't know...

All I DO know is that I've liked both "kinds" of guys. They're still just guys.[/COLOR]

Dylannihilation Wrote:[COLOR="DarkRed"]I play hockey and love musicals. I love to work on cars and do my hair. You know, I have many traits that are classified as typically "masculine" or "feminine", but that just makes me human. Everyone is a mixture of both. I HATE that argument, too, because it just pits everyone against one another. We have 101 REAL problems in this world and whether we are more "masculine" or "feminine" should not be one of them. We fight for acceptance and understanding, yet so often we are intolerant of each other...

I don't know...

All I DO know is that I've liked both "kinds" of guys. They're still just guys.[/COLOR]

I quite agree, and that's very insightful of you, as most kids our age aren't thinking so logically, unfortunately...

I personally like to Identify as just being myself, which just so happens to be classified as feminine, and I agree, the argument seems to push a divide between some of us, but it only will if we allow it.

I for sure, do not discriminate or speak out against "Masculine" guys or any guys or persons in general, and it always seems to be the "Masculine" or self-proclaimed "man's men"[not all, but my estimation, based on experience] who discriminate or speak-out against feminine men.

This is what probably causes the divide.

And I never really hear this argument so much in regards to lesbian relationships, even though everyone knows the terms; Butch, Dyke, Lipstick Lesbian,Femme.

I believe that in, "being Human", Disagreements will occur, Change won't come easy, Idiosyncracies will be bashed, Ideologies will be opposed, Harmony will be in dischord, Just as all the good qualities of "being Human" exists and that nothing will ever be the way we want them to be, as everyone is different and as aforementioned, we are Human.

I wish everyone could just be equal, but systemically and historically, this has never been the case and history, as we know, repeats itself. Good and Bad.

I think, until everyone can understand, accept or atleast make an effort to empathize, nothing will ever change.

But then again, I'm not a Mayan :biggrin: .

Loveya

QueenOdi Wrote:... I personally like to Identify as just being myself, which just so happens to be classified as feminine, and I agree, the argument seems to push a divide between some of us, but it only will if we allow it. ...
-would you throw a majorly masculine boy to the curb for lack of common interests.
-would you specifically look for a masculine type because he brings other stuff to the table??

QueenOdi Wrote:Dyke

I pretty much agreed with what you said, I just wanted to be pedantic and point something out for anyone who didn't know: "dyke" has become a general term for lesbian, including the femmes. I understand that the boomer gens consider it either offensive (sometimes) and/or masculine, but that's generally not common by those in their 30s and younger (at least not in the USA). Heck, The L Word uses "dyke" as I understand it so I guess that pretty much makes it official. :tongue:

When I first interacted with the lesbian community (I was 19) I was called a "baby dyke" by some which meant new to the scene (or is that "fresh meat"? Scared Wink ), and in reference to my tomboyish ways I was described as a "boi" (tends to be masculine, but would never be mistaken for a stud or a butch). Then I lived with a stud and for her I went femme and liked it. But I like myself best right now where I transcend male & female definitions, being whatever I want to be when I want to be it (as I think most lesbians do). And I respect the gender identities and affinities (and nonchalance) of those who respect mine, it's all good (ETA: and I find all kinds attractive), IMO.

pellaz Wrote:1-would you throw a majorly masculine boy to the curb for lack of common interests.
2-would you specifically look for a masculine type because he brings other stuff to the table??

1) No, I don't believe so. Not just because he's masculine anway. Not everyone shares a common interest and has to work around that sometimes, but if I were to breakup with a guy for lack of common interest, that would'nt be the only reason and certainly not because he's masculine or feminine or whatever.

Women and Men don't always share a commen interest - The man likes to go fishing or golfing, the woman might like to go shopping or volunteer at an animal shelter - however generic that may sound. Yet they work around their differences and sometimes, it's what ultimately brings them together.

I'd like to view relationships in a similar light.

2) If I had to be brutally honest, yes, although technically, anyone and everyone can bring something new to the table. And although I think a masculine guy would probably suit me better, I'm definitely not opposed to dating a guy like myself.

I only said yes originally, because in my mind, it's like a puzzle, relationships and knowing myself, I believe someone who can pick-up where I lack, would be the person I'd probably be with, realistically masculine or feminine.

Although from my experience, masculine guys have things that I don't[unfortunately, stereotypically-wise], which is why I believe they would complete my proverbial puzzle, but a guy like myself might just do that as well, so I suppose it's up to whomever fits the puzzle.

But I think the reason I believe a masculine guy would suit me better, is because, I never had a dad and it's probably the "daddy issues" some girls get when they have no father or when their father is abusive, that's making me think like this. So I want someone stereotypically male, which I know sounds really shallow, but I know this isn't my primary mindset.

I would probably be just as happy with a feminine guy like myself.

It's quite complicated mentally, but rather simplistic emotionally...

And as they say; Opposites attract [not always necessarily gender-wise Wink ] ,
but also; Birds of a feather, flock together[also, not always gender-wise].

Loveya