Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaning of life???
fredv3b Wrote:The question really is what are we supposed to do with it? How do we live a 'good life'. What do we really mean by a 'good life'?

Luxhello

yar Wrote:sportysocks that was rite on thanks .

You are welcome hun!Biggthumpup

fredv3b Wrote:Ah the meaning of life, an often asked question. Personally I think it is an absurd question. Words and symbols have 'meaning', life is a mere object, albeit a very big one. Asking what is the meaning of life is is like asking what is the meaning of a spoon?

The question really is what are we supposed to do with it? How do we live a 'good life'. What do we really mean by a 'good life'?

marshlander Wrote:Agreed. Wink

So many misunderstandings have grown from irrelevant answers to the wrong questions ... Rolleyes

As long as you learn something there is no wrong questions or lessons for that matter, only wrong actions.

I believe this form of life is a big classroom where the pupils choose their module to study and what they want to learn but it is not always a conscious choice. Therefore we tend to be a bit lost. Consciously choose the lessons we want to learn. For that to happen we have to know what we want in all levels of life, spiritual material or other. It takes time and experience. Once we got on with that then we should take action to get what we desire and this requires a lot of hard work , focus , determination and drive to live up to the expectation we have for ourselves.

Thus, a good life is when we do the best we can to fulfil our potential. Do the best we can do with what nature given us and learn the lessons from that. Better ourselves then help others do the same.

CrossNecklace Wrote:I have my own meaning of what life is. For me, life is to keep going and never look back. My goal is to become an Architect. My main thing for the future is to help out my parents and my bros. Worry about myself later. Just knowing that my parents are fine makes me feel happy. I'd never want them to be in any trouble so I'd do anything for them. Makes sense? Confusedmile:

It does make sense. You have a goal and your priorities set. It is a good rota... Respect

I think questioning the meaning of life can be really wasteful, irresepective of whether we find the meaning in it or not, we're still here. We make our own reality, and maybe we should just be content to find out what makes us and others around us happy and search for it wholeheartedly. If we have something we want to say about humanity, say it. If we have something we want to make, go for it. Why does it need a reason??

Phil! Wrote:To live,love and learn! Hows that Wink

I might change the order and make an addition for me:

Love, Live, Learn, Teach, REPEAT Bow

Mine at the moment is to buy a brand new BMW M3 lol!

[Image: ac_schnitzer_bmw_m3.jpg]

really mine is to help others, learn new things, find some to love and care for and the other way.

sweetlad86 Wrote:really mine is to help others, learn new things, find some to love and care for and the other way.
LOL! It's nice that you went to the trouble of adding that little touching bit on the end there, but we're all friends here, we don't judge. If god popped his giant head down through the clouds and asked if you wanted a BMW M3 OR the chance to help someone get out of debt and then for you to learn how to weave I think we both know what youd take.

Australia Wrote:LOL! It's nice that you went to the trouble of adding that little touching bit on the end there, but we're all friends here, we don't judge. If god popped his giant head down through the clouds and asked if you wanted a BMW M3 OR the chance to help someone get out of debt and then for you to learn how to weave I think we both know what youd take.

Dude if I was given the know how, how to sort the debt problem, I would become I rich men lol!

haha. No i said someone. Just one person. One little piece of shit. I don't know about you but I'd take the BMW M3. Then I would probably find the person who was in debt and run him over with it. Guess that's just my personality.

My meaning of life is to continue the never ending story until the end arrives which is when i dont know