Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting gay guys in college?
Ok, so I have a REALLY general question: how do I go about meeting other gay guys in college? I know to most people this kinda stuff is crazy simple, but I am not a very social person and have trouble putting myself out there. I really want to meet someone but I don't know where to start, at all. Also, I am not fully out of the closet so I am also scared to start meeting people because I don't want to be accidentally outed.

Anyway I feel like it is all a big impossible puzzle... but I am tired of not living my life the way I want to and am tired of not being with someone and I think I am ready to start meeting people.

I go to The University of Texas at Austin, a very gay friendly school at least.
If anyone has any tips let me know! thanks. Smile

Does your school have an LGBT clubs? The college that I am going to has one and they meet every so often. It is a great way to make friends and get involved in the community.

That is a good idea. I will look into that. But is it normal to have people how are still basically in the closet in those groups?

Xela Wrote:That is a good idea. I will look into that. But is it normal to have people how are still basically in the closet in those groups?

It's fairly common, a campus LGBT club should be focused on acceptance of people in any stage of openness about their sexuality.

Yes most clubs are accepting and support you in any stage you are at. I am sure if there is one near you they will support you through the coming out process.

What about other social groups? I was in a fraternity in college and the guys were absolutely awesome about it. Not to mention...look at clubs based on your major, hobbies and interests. If you're
Looking to date and whatnot, ld go towards my interests first and towards the gay thing second.

Then again I'm pathetically single and boring. My advice may not be the best. But I do have a shitton if straight friends.

I like your idea too Matt! I am actually getting plugged into a group based on my major now and I hope to meet some like minded people there. Thanks!