Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting someone help might help me but..........
Hey people I'm meeting a guy from Men's Sexual Health which is a service which there to help surport LGBT people.

I meeting them because I think I need to talk to someone about my sexuality, as I still feel confused at times, because a few things happened to me when I was younger, just say I have been abused across the bord.

My problem is I'm worried about the meeting though.

It'll be the first time I told someone like this my history, its one thing telling people over the internet my problems but not face to face like I will be doing next week.

Im not saying coming on here hasnt help, infect this time around I feel its help alot.

Every time I meet one of these people I put up a brave face and I ended up missing some of the important things out. lol coould be my english side coming out lol...

grrrrr my typeos are getting really bad sorry guy xx

Maybe you could write down the exact questions and concerns you have and take it in with you. Be specific. It might be hard to say some of the things to the person so use your gut and your instincts...if you trust this person take advantage of the time you have.

I might end up writing my life story up in till now, if I did that lol!!

You are right East though. I'll start to night by putting now some of the things I need to talk about..
I think the trust thing may an issuess, as I told my ex and he used it agaist me in a really nasty way.

lol there I go telling more of my story lol..

I think this guy from MS is going to be okay though, Ive spoken to this person over the phone a few things so I should be okay I think lol.

Right forgot to say what happened at the meeting. After talking for an hour the Advisor thought best to refer me to a councilor that deals with people who have been sexualy abused as a child.

I feel a little scared towards this but I guess in the end it'll be benfitcal. I still havent fully explaned to any of my family about this, and I don't think I can really.

Sounds like a good move

Bighug

Talking about such personal and traumatic issues with someone you don't know can initially be intimidating, but don't let this put you off, they will guide and support you through this.

marshlander I got that book you said I should read (The Velvet Rage)..

I hope it works out as they said they arn't to sure if the funding is there.

I hope you enjoy reading it and get something from it, although (damn this ageing memory) I don't recall recommending it; more likely it was PA. I found that, for me, the thesis was somewhat one dimensional and I did not identify with many of Alan Downs' ideas on a first reading. I left it with PA so he could read it and we could talk about it and, so far, he seems to recognise more things relevant to his circumstances than I did.

marshlander Wrote:I hope you enjoy reading it and get something from it, although (damn this ageing memory) I don't recall recommending it; more likely it was PA. I found that, for me, the thesis was somewhat one dimensional and I did not identify with many of Alan Downs' ideas on a first reading. I left it with PA so he could read it and we could talk about it and, so far, he seems to recognise more things relevant to his circumstances than I did.

ah its was one of you two lol, well thinking about it yeah I think you are right it was PA lol!!

I'll write a review after I've read, looks good to me though x