Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Health awareness
Hi guys,

Today in Canada, it is #bellLetstalk day. What this means is that every text today or tweet sent out to #bellLetstalk , Bell will donate 5 cents for each text or tweet all day. This is to raise funds for mental health. So if your canadian or want to help to support the cause of mental health, simply send a tweet with the hashtag #bellLetstalk . I thought I would share this with you guys today since I know some fellow Canadians that are on here. Also if you are not Canadian you can still join the cause and tweet! It is a great initiative for a company to get involved in.

I encourage anyone if you have an issue to go ahead and speak up about with anyone you feel comfortable with, weather it be a friend, family member, or someone online. It is always best to talk about it with someone you trust. You can also seek a counseler in your area. Just please if you are not feeling at your best, it's the best to treat yourself. I use a simple analogy. If you get a simple papercut and you bleed, do you choose to ignore it? Most of the time, you will clean the cut and put a bandaid on it before it gets infected. It's the same way you should treat your mental health, just a thought Smile

So spread the word, stop the stigma on mental illness! Let's be there for each other Big Grin

A cut down tweet to spread the word:

It is BellLetsTalk day in Canada. For each text or tweet sent with #bellLetstalk Bell will donate 5¢ toward funds for mental health!

I think it's important to actually do what's been suggested by the hashtag - to actually talk about it. We need to end the stigma and mystery surrounding mental issues and mental illness. I have a modest case of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), and have done battle with depression on two occasions. And I'm not ashamed in the slightest. Yeah, I kinda wish I didn't have to deal with either of these things...OK, I REALLY wish I didn't have to deal with either of these things. Smile But I'm definitely not embarrassed about them.

Lex

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:A cut down tweet to spread the word:

It is BellLetsTalk day in Canada. For each text or tweet sent with #bellLetstalk Bell will donate 5¢ toward funds for mental health!

Great idea Big Grin

Um....

Why is it they can't just donate a chunk of change and have at it? Why does it depend on cluttering up the freeways with more broken bodies being pulled out of the wreckage of car crashes all because no one can stop looking at their fucking iphone for a minute to pay attention to the road with all the twitting and facebooking they are doing?

Look, I have no problem with donating money to a cause... I just dislike the implication that people have to twit or facebook or do something other than actually donate themselves to feel good about themselves in order for a company to donate money.

I don't get this overuse of social media when it comes to donations and charity. Its senseless.