Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miley Cyrus: Hoe or No?
SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:What exactly is your definition of "whore"?

Miley Cyrus.

WHY EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO AN ATTENTION SEEKER!?

I pay her none. She has never appealed to me u.u
Her acting sucks and her music is shit

I normally don't pay attention to her, but I watched the VMAs for Lady Gaga and ended up seeing MIley practically finger her vagina with a foam finger while twerking against Robin Thicke's groin area with dancing bears in the background. Couldn't help but pay attention. lol.

Lol, she pretends to smoke a bong and thinks she's a Badass, like pix pointed out, leaving that much smoke is not acceptable, it was a stunt, only thing she is doing is showing her dumbass fanbase its OK to smoke drugs, which is OK as it might actually open there minds to how bloody God-awful she is.

I refuse to let people to liken her to Britney or gaga, who still made songs people can remember, like, there sucsess proceded there fame, not vice/versa.

I just read through these 2 articles that seemed (in my pre-breakfast mode) to make some interesting points, so I'm sharing:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/living/out...index.html

Quote:"The VMAs are supposed to be shocking," said a woman who did not want to be identified. "Why is Miley Cyrus such a big deal? ... I am more shocked people are watching the VMAs with their children."

Miley Cyrus upholds MTV VMAs tradition

After all, consider VMA highlights of years past when Lady Gaga donned a dress made entirely of raw meat and Madonna and Britney Spears kissed (mouths open!). It was, in fact, at the VMAs years earlier when Madonna broke out onto the national stage with her "Like a Virgin" performance.

Cyrus "took a page straight out of Madonna's playbook," said Ivan Baker, a father in New York City, on Facebook. "I guess I am jaded. Not very impressed or shocked."

Quote:Some parents said there was only one upside they could see from the blistering reaction to Cyrus' performance and that is that it may show strength.

"The fact that she doesn't play the victim and shows that girls can be as aggressive and bad in many ways might in some twisted way pave the way for (women) to play in a more level field with men," said Leigh Bordbar, a mom of two from Toronto who said she was personally disappointed with what Cyrus did at the VMAs. "In her performance, she seemed like the one in control and in the driver's seat, which sets her apart from the ways that perhaps Playboy or fashion models portray women."

This one particularly intrigued me, not that it proves Billy Ray and Miley are "working together" in playing both sides (and making money for themselves in the process):

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/opinion/fe...index.html

Quote:All of this outrage appears calculated to me, however (it doesn't help that Cyrus' father sits on the board of advisers for the Parents Television Council). The performers who do outrageous stuff do so on purpose because scandal sells. And "watchdog" groups themselves often thrive off outrage.

Such groups would wither financially if it were not for the public's outrage and fear of media. The council's website contains handy instructions on how not just to donate money but to include the group in your estate, give stocks, an automobile, etc. Fairly common for advocacy groups to be sure, but it still gives them skin in the game. Members of these groups may act in good faith, but let's not mistake them for objective, financially uninterested parties.

The irony is that likely all the furor has probably only encouraged teens to see what all the fuss is about on YouTube.

Congratulations......we have successfully given her all the attention she will ever need, lol

Mick

Pix, I don't even know why we try to write something coherent, fact-based and logical in response to this thread.

Well I don't know if she is a whore, but she sure is acting like one.

She should just be herself and not care so much about her image and what other people think of her. She's trying so hard to create a certain image, that she doesn't even realize it's having the opposite effect.

Also, in my opinion, anyone who says she was just having fun is absolutely blind. She was not having fun. It was a very forced, fake performance. Everything about it screamed "look how hard I'm trying!"

She has a lot of growing up to do, if you ask me.

I don't think she's trying to create an image at all, she's just being crazy. Have you listened to her newest single? it's nothing like "We Can't Stop" and it's in no way an enforcer of her "new image".

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I don't think she's trying to create an image at all, she's just being crazy. Have you listened to her newest single? it's nothing like "We Can't Stop" and it's in no way an enforcer of her "new image".

We'll just disagree Smile