Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misconceptions about your home state/region
For the sake of making it interesting, I'll do Arkansas as my home state because Minnesota is pretty well understood

The biggest misconception about Arkansas is that it's middle class because it's in the Mid South- But it's the 3rd poorest state in the country so it's not even close

Trying to think of misconceptions about Virginia USA, but I am sure there aren't any.

My home state is really Indiana.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Trying to think of misconceptions about Virginia USA, but I am sure there aren't any.

My home state is really Indiana.
You're all virgins. Duh.

I don't think I've ever had that misconception about Arkansas. I've always thought of it as a poor, rural state.

I'm trying to think of misconceptions about Michigan, but many think of it as urban decay in some parts of the state and beer-loving hillbillies in other parts and that pretty much describes it.
I think a misconception about Michigan is that it is just like Canada, but it's a lie because there is no such place as Canada. That's just a made up place for Americans to tell people where we are from so we are not hated when traveling to foreign countries.Elkgrin

I know one that isn't a virgin, Trolli!

Though the place was named after a supposedly Virgin Queen. {Right!]
I bid NO Trump!

Is it true that Washington state is an annexed area of Vancouver?
I bid NO Trump!

Contrary to popular opinion about my part of the world I have the usual complement of fingers and toes.

Biggest misconception I hear a lot...

"There are no Native Californians"...

HUH? Almost everyone I know is a Native Californian...and I know lots of people. Most go back a few generations.

East Wrote:Biggest misconception I hear a lot...

"There are no Native Californians"...

HUH? Almost everyone I know is a Native Californian...and I know lots of people. Most go back a few generations.

There are no Native Californians. Technically, we're all Africans.

Contrary to popular opinion the West Country isn't thick in the head and strong in the arm any more.