Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misconceptions about your home state/region
Beaux Wrote:My "home state" (where I was born) is Louisiana.
People think of Louisiana, and they assume that the state is full of poor, uneducated, racist, bible thumpers who watch Fox News and are bigoted against all things LGBTQ.
I cannot think of any misconceptions about the state of Louisiana though....

Arkansas is the same way but maybe a bit more charming

people think we all bum sheep in Wales......to be fair there have been a couple of stories, but one was a goat so doesn't count!

About my state? That it must be wonderful to live here... um.. no... nice to vacation maybe, at an amazing resort, but only nice to live here, if you're ridiculously wealthy, in your oceanfront vacation mansion two weeks out of the year.

Also, about the silly notion that we harbor the most crazies of all the states in the U.S.... First of all, we don't always practice cannibalism, and only about 2/3 of our population are homeless drug addicts or trigger happy lunatics...

What state am I in? Can anybody guess?

Dreamer Wrote:About my state? That it must be wonderful to live here... um.. no... nice to vacation maybe, at an amazing resort, but only nice to live here, if you're ridiculously wealthy, in your oceanfront vacation mansion two weeks out of the year.

Also, about the silly notion that we harbor the most crazies of all the states in the U.S.... First of all, we don't always practice cannibalism, and only about 2/3 of our population are homeless drug addicts or trigger happy lunatics...

What state am I in? Can anybody guess?

Florida?.....

East Wrote:Florida?.....
Ding! Ding! Ding!.... You win nothing! [emoji2]