Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistaken for being Female
I get mistaken for a girl, often. More than I'd like people to know. When I open my mouth it's clear that I'm a guy even though I don't have a very deep voice. I'm 5'6, weigh 120 I have my mother's face. I have very big, childish doe-eyes (to which the contact lady made sure I knew I had) and feminine facial features of course. I get mistaken mostly by older folks and it always makes me feel a little sad.

What people think of you is not a reflection on you, its a reflection on them.

You are never going to be able to control others, but you can control your feelings.

It is what it is.

Get a crew cut. Work out at the gym and start chewing tobacco, but in the end it wouldn't change who you are. Forget what other people think. Be who you are and let people accept you for that. It's a diverse world full of different people. Don't try to fit other's expectations of who they think you should be.

2ndchance Wrote:... I'm 5'6, weigh 120 I have my mother's face. I have very big, childish doe-eyes ...

dont be sad, your a sexy man, sounds like you know exactly who you are and what people first glance see in you. If you chose to move from what you are you have the tools to make it a success.

There's nothing wrong with being feminine in appearance! Androgynous people are often really beautiful Smile

2ndchance Wrote:I get mistaken for a girl, often. More than I'd like people to know. When I open my mouth it's clear that I'm a guy even though I don't have a very deep voice. I'm 5'6, weigh 120 I have my mother's face. I have very big, childish doe-eyes (to which the contact lady made sure I knew I had) and feminine facial features of course. I get mistaken mostly by older folks and it always makes me feel a little sad.

Lol I have the inverse problem, over the phone people think I am a woman because (I am told) I have a very feminine voice. Of course, to me, my voice sounds very masculine!
Truthfully though, I have to admit that I was often mistaken for female up until I turned 17+ (when I developed facial hair), despite my 6'4 frame.
When I was 15 I went with a friend to visit his grand mother. As we were leaving, his grandmother told me as we were saying good bye, "You should be a model! Your so pretty and there aren't very many women who are as tall as you are!". My friend didn't let me live it down either! Lol

I was mistaken for a girl when i was in a supermarket bending down to a low shelf, an old fella bumped into me an apologized "sorry love" when i stood up he laughed (good naturedly).... sorry mate he said...... (soz thats what came to mind)

just be confident in yourself and you wont care what people think , you shouldnt care what peope think

TomStatic Wrote:just be confident in yourself and you wont care what people think , you shouldnt care what peope think

^This. I've lost count the amount of times that someone has called me "Ma'am" over the phone. I just laugh and say "Its mister" and continue as normal. There's no point stressing over little things like that.

Beau Wrote:Get a crew cut. Work out at the gym and start chewing tobacco......

That describes a lot of women Ive met!!!