Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More shooting in the US
Pix Wrote:If these threads keep popping up I'll start adding threads on genocides that happened after gun control as well as a bunch of threads of people who defended themselves (likely saving their lives) with a gun just for balance. And if you respond with the discredited study that shows you're more likely to be killed by a gun than protected by one then I'll go back and show they came up with that ending by ONLY counting where someone died, and as anyone with any sense knows (that is, THINKS rather than gets their ideas from movies or is intentionally being deceptive) criminals are most likely to kill than someone who uses it for self-defense (as in most cases the defenders don't even fire it, and when they do the police & ambulance are already on the way, and the point of the defender is to stop the attack not rob, kill, and/or get away with it after). I may also look up the old info on how violent crime went up in many places after gun control (I'm aware of the rebuttals, but they depend on one key, and irrelevant to me, conceit: that only guns done with a crime count, and that those crimes that had been stopped with a gun before don't) as well as compare how the most violent places in the US tend to be those with the most gun control. And if these threads then take on more emotionalism to overcome the balance then I can throw in all the emotional histrionics if I have to as well.

Seriously, it doesn't "only count" when you want it to.

If you really want to save lives the best thing to carry around with you would be a defibrillator. Many more people die of heart attacks in public places for want of quick access to defibrillation than die from being shot. But the argument isn't really about saving lives is it?

megumidesu Wrote:... which is why i think more focus needs to be put into improving mental health care.
current crop of mass shooters are nice citizens. They are difficult to detect.

cardiganwearer Wrote:If you really want to save lives the best thing to carry around with you would be a defibrillator. Many more people die of heart attacks in public places for want of quick access to defibrillation than die from being shot. But the argument isn't really about saving lives is it?

Watch it, I can and will turn the emotional and hostile insinuations back on you, and how gun control isn't about saving lives. Granted, the extremists on both sides are irrational and control the debate, and suck many others in with them, and of course when showing the opposition they show the most extreme rather than anyone moderate.

I guess I'm still annoyed that Pellaz claimed a little boy shooting his father in the head was the same exact insanity as a 12-year-old who shot the home intruder who beat down the bathroom to get at her. Even he knew that was silly because he wouldn't outright say it, he used words that didn't make sense so that he insinuated it and thus minimized the chances of being called on it.

Sadly gun control is not going to stop this . Thank the Gods no one was killed.

You find it odd that there are more shooting in a country that has more licenced gun shops than supermarkets? a country where gun ownership outweights car ownership?

/sarcasm
The rest of the world is watching what is going on in the USA and we are completely stumped as well /end sarcasm

Pix Wrote:Watch it, I can and will turn the emotional and hostile insinuations back on you, and how gun control isn't about saving lives. Granted, the extremists on both sides are irrational and control the debate, and suck many others in with them, and of course when showing the opposition they show the most extreme rather than anyone moderate.

I guess I'm still annoyed that Pellaz claimed a little boy shooting his father in the head was the same exact insanity as a 12-year-old who shot the home intruder who beat down the bathroom to get at her. Even he knew that was silly because he wouldn't outright say it, he used words that didn't make sense so that he insinuated it and thus minimized the chances of being called on it.

For the second time in this thread you have threatened to produce arguments and failed to do so, do you actually have any? Watch it indeed! Is that a threat, are you going to shoot me rather than actually produce your arguments?

Do you have a rejoinder to my suggestion of carrying defibrillators? I'm neither a doctor nor a gun enthusiast but I'm certain that hot air is of no medical or defensive use, so what exactly should I be watching? On present form you'll forgive me for not holding my breath waiting for your now twice heralded arguments.

MisterTinkles Wrote:The ONLY gun control is NO GUNS PRODUCED!

As long as weapons are made, you can have all the "lawd" and "restrictions" you want....but its all wasted effort unless there are NO guns to be had, anywhere.

Doesnt matter what kind of weapon is used, people will still used something to kill other people.

I agree Wink

BUT you can't stab 30 people in 30 seconds like you can with automatics and semi-automatics.

You can kill scores in mere seconds like McVeigh did....

Ftr no mass shooting has ever been committed with a fully automatic firearm. They are heavily regulated and nearly impossible for a layperson to afford, so not so much a right as a privilege...

Buffylo Wrote:You can kill scores in mere seconds like McVeigh did....

Ftr no mass shooting has ever been committed with a fully automatic firearm. They are heavily regulated and nearly impossible for a layperson to afford, so not so much a right as a privilege...

Sure can, so you go and put 'controls' on what chemicals you can buy in what combinations etc etc and make it harder for someone to get their hands on the chemicals required. Sure it can happen again, but not as easily as young Timothy did.

well if guns cant be controlled then control the people who have used them... if they carry a weapon and go to shoot someone then it is time to place them under the mental health act to assess and review their mental welfare and see if there needs to be further visits if they are given freedom