Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Prayers
I'm beginning to find myself spiritually again. This week I've had to get up at 4:30am to take care of the dogs. Part of my routine became saying Native American morning prayers. I like the feeling of greeting each day with a prayer or two. Here's an example of one:

When you arise in the morning,
give thanks for the morning light,
for your life and strength.
give thanks for your food
and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
the fault lives in yourself.

Tecumseh

That is a nice prayer. Smile Thank you for sharing!

My morning prayer is:

Holy shit! I woke up again today!
Life is good!

See quote below vvvvvvvvvv

I don't pray.

I think prayer is a very egocentric exercise; basically talking to yourself.

I would rather problem solve, show my gratitude for my life in my day to day actions and by living a simple respectful life.

Think about it, some "god" is soooo busy helping athletes win sporting events in western civilization that he has no time to feed starving children in Africa. Rolleyes

I guess he was too busy during Shoah.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
~Seneca the Younger

I'm Pagan and choose to great the day with a prayer to the Great Spirit. For me, it deepens my spirituality and I feel more connected. I'm not saying your way is wrong, but everyone is different when it comes to spiritual practices. I respect that you feel its egocentric, but to me its a very healing, peaceful thing to do. Smile I don't know why I haven't started this sooner.

avidcyclistMTB Wrote:My morning prayer is:

Holy shit! I woke up again today!
Life is good!

See quote below vvvvvvvvvv

LMAO! That is too funny! I love it.

azulai Wrote:I don't pray.

I think prayer is a very egocentric exercise; basically talking to yourself.

I would rather problem solve, show my gratitude for my life in my day to day actions and by living a simple respectful life.

Think about it, some "god" is soooo busy helping athletes win sporting events in Western civilization that he has no time to feed starving children in Africa. Rolleyes

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
~Seneca the Younger

Oh my god I just nearly wet myself lol see I'm not religious at all but I do like to have that little bit of belief for the fact if there is a heaven and hell I want to go to the nice one where the Big JC rules bahahahaha. When I was a baby I was baptised with water from the river Jordan where that priest supposedly did the Big JC so hopefully that's my free pass into the pearly white gates. Personally I imagine heaven full of gay angels all scantily clad playing harps and shit and the angel Gabriel has a club called Gaybriels. That's how my mind works :p

mrk2010 Wrote:Oh my god I just nearly wet myself lol see I'm not religious at all but I do like to have that little bit of belief for the fact if there is a heaven and hell I want to go to the nice one where the Big JC rules bahahahaha. When I was a baby I was baptised with water from the river Jordan where that priest supposedly did the Big JC so hopefully that's my free pass into the pearly white gates. Personally I imagine heaven full of gay angels all scantily clad playing harps and shit and the angel Gabriel has a club called Gaybriels. That's how ind works :p

OMG., That's TOO funny. Gaybriels! Hahahahahahhaha. Laugh2

ElfiexElfSeeker Wrote:I'm Pagan and choose to great the day with a prayer to the Great Spirit. For me, it deepens my spirituality and I feel more connected. I'm not saying your way is wrong, but everyone is different when it comes to spiritual practices. I respect that you feel its egocentric, but to me its a very healing, peaceful thing to do. I don't know why I haven't started this sooner.

If it helps you, go for it.

Meditation brings me great peace. I celebrate solstice, similar to the way I celebrate Hanukkah, as a celebration of life. I just don't believe in myths. Peace!

@mrk: covering all bases I see! Wink :biggrin:

azulai Wrote:If it helps you, go for it.

Meditation brings me great peace.

@mrk: covering all bases I see! Wink :biggrin:

Haha I do try but Id say even at age 12 I was at odds with religion, at school in assembly you had to say a prayer and instead of saying Amen I decided to spice it up a bit. Instead I said "fuck the lord". Thank god the teachers thought it was the boy infront or I would have been in deed nailed to a cross hahaha