Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moscow Pride banned ... again
This seems to be a recurring theme. I look forward to not reporting this one year.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev may have fired Yury Luzhkov as mayor of Moscow, but Luzhkov's homophobic spirit lives on. While the rest of us were thinking of more positive activities for IDAHO this year Moscow was banning gay pride - crass timing. As ever the bold activist Nicolai Alekseev has vowed to appeal directly to the Kremlin and continue the struggle. I'm sure we all wish him and other human rights activists in Russia the very best.

http://ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/11/May/1702.htm

Poor Moscow Sad All they want is a pride parade thats it Sad

:frown: thats bull AGAIN

do they give a reason !!! or , as its russia do they need to say why its banned - ive been learning the language recentley and id love to learn some gay terms Wink but there not in the package i have lol

Usual stuff - the "people" don't want it and the police cannot guarantee protection Sad

Poor people, what B.S. -.-

UK Gay News has a blog which is being regularly updated in the run up to Saturday, which may or may not see a Pride event in Moscow.

http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/11/M...20Blog.htm

I think this world needs to get a grip and accept some people are gay.... Now lets get on with the weather!

Idealistic, zeon. I can just about imagine what it must be like living in a homophobic culture where the police will not lift a finger to help someone in trouble till the thugs have stopped putting the boot in. We are fortunate to live where we do and it wasn't always like it is now. Maybe you are too young to remember the day when the police here arrested cruisers first rather than make sure there was a presence for protection, as is apparently the case these days in some areas.

It turned out pretty rough for some people :frown:

[Image: MP11g.jpg]