Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother's Day
What, if anything, did you do for mother's day? If you're a mother, what did you receive? If your mother has passed on, this is likely a more sombre day for you... but please tell us a story about her if you'd like to talk about her today Smile.

Happy Mother's Day to any mothers that are here 1blue1.

Mothers Day in Britain was in March. I bought my mother some flowers and chocolates and then took her out for lunch.
An eye for an eye

Today, I gave my mom flowers and I took her out to were she wanted to go to lunch.That is what I did for my mom for Mothers Day.

F*** that was mothers day today ???

Argggh Sad

EDIT : pfiouu in France is on May 26th...you made me afraid LOL

Eh, perhaps I should have added a mention that Mother's Day is on May 12th for my country? Didn't mean to scare you LOL.

Ekwarph Wrote:F*** that was mothers day today ???

Argggh Sad

EDIT : pfiouu in France is on May 26th...you made me afraid LOL
LOL

Few days ago I've decided that I will accept my mom at home if she will come to visit me in London alone... Probably I'm too hard with her, sorry mom I love you. I hope to see you next month, come to London.

My mother is dead, and was a self serving bitch from hell.

Well, you asked!!!

We took her on a hike in Hamden, since it was beautiful today, and had lunch in the state park.

Then I made pasta + vodka sauce for dinner, and that was basically it.

Main thing was the kids took care of all that needed to be done today, and we got a homemade card & box of chocolates as last year. We had pizza for lunch at the NY Pizza eatery and as there was a vid store in the same lot the kids convinced us to look at movies, saying one could be something we could watch together. Stef was a hesitant but I said I heard a lot about Vikings playing now and wondered if they had anything on that, and if not, maybe they had another historical documentary that we might all be interested in.

Nothing on Vikings, and nothing else interested us together, but I did find Vampire Secrets. Stef was real hesitant, but I pointed out that it explored the origins in the Ancient World, including Greece (which especially interests her), and when she pointed out it's History channel (which she considers 8th grade and thus beneath her) I pointed out she didn't know much about vampires so perhaps that was best. I finally said she should watch at least 15 minutes and if she couldn't stand it then she could leave it and next time she could pick the most boring documentary she'd want us to see and we'd watch it (up to 2 hours), though she talked us down to 10 minutes (on the agreement we didn't have to watch more than 90 minutes if she chose one later for having refused watched this one).

So the kids made our supper of salmon burgers, fries, and zucchini, and we watched it. Luckily, within 10 minutes Stef was intrigued enough to watch it herself (kinda iffy as she did some groaning at the theatrics of the first 5 minutes).

However, Stef was a little disturbed (kids fascinated) that I quibbled in correcting the info and that I knew a lot more (from the history of Vlad and Bathory to the modern vampire subculture, how I also played Vampire: the Masquerade when I was 16, and it veered off on other disturbing topics like how some cosmetics meant to preserve youthful appearances have been known to use lamb's blood & placenta, to similarities between Old Testament blood rituals and attacks by the chupacabras, to when I shared what Crowley shared about Bathory's supposed occult practices and then explaining who Crowley was, and learning I used to have books by him before I sold them to fund my trip to Texas), but as I joked, what subject exists that I don't know something about? :tongue:

My mother was a practicing witch. Deep into Demonology. She and her group of 'friends' who I was raised to consider as my aunts and uncles did a lot of very, very naughty things.

Our relationship was at best strained in my adult life. by the time I hit age 30 I decided the best way to go was to totally stop trying to win her love, approval, her maternal instincts because I figured out she was without love, approval nor maternal instincts.

She died in 2007. I do not know the details, and it took a third party (a virtual stranger) digging through the internet to find a little quote stating her name, DOB and DOD.

I actually felt a great deal of relief to learn she had died.

My mother marked me for life, literally and figuratively. I get the nightmares, rehashing of the same events over and over again. I often wake up screaming at night from these terrible dreams that take me back to my childhood. She also drugged me and tattooed me in a circle... It was part of some dark ritual which included a sacrifice... There was lots of blood all over the place, splattered over my nude body. While the rest of the stuff used was still in or around the circle, what was missing was a body.

It could have been a dog, it could have been a chicken... however there are nights when I lay awake wondering if it was a human sacrifice.

That is the legacy of my mother for me, doubt, fear, terror which will never really end.

And these are the sorts of things this and all Mother's Days bring to my mind.

Other holidays are worse...Rolleyes