Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting NFS share in Windows
Here's a "brain buster" (Stole that from Billy Madison) for everyone. I haven't been able to figure this out. I have since, gave up and installed Samba which is of course easier...but that's easy. I wanted to avoid having to install another service, open up ports on ufw and so on so I thought I would mount an NFS share in Windows. You can in fact do this going back to Windows 7 Pro and you can do this in Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. The problem....it doesn't seem to work. I've followed several tutorials and edited the registry, set the user and group ID's and made sure things were correct and I can access my NFS shares from other linux systems.

This is one of several tutorials I followed, https://docs.datafabric.hpe.com/61/Admin...lient.html

The steps are similar in others, some omit specifying the username. No matter what I do, it never mounts.

Again, I finally caved and just installed samba and everything works as it should. Thought it might have been permissions but then it would also be an issue on other linux systems.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!