Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie or books about revenge?
Hi, I've currently read a book "Bash Back" about revenge on homophobia.
I'm searching other books or movies like this. But it's difficult to find.
If you have any recommendation, please let me know!

just homophobia related revenge , or vengeance movies / books in general ?

Homophob related preferred, but the other vengeance movies/books are also helpful Smile

I've never seen/read a movie/book about homophobia-related revenge. If you want a few general revenge movies/books, I have loads!

Movies:

Oldboy
Lady Vengeance
Kill Bill volume 1 & 2
Last House on the Left

Books:

Carrie
Rose Madder
Wuthering Heights

Note: All of the revenge movies are pretty violent and the last one is downright exploitation.

"i spit on your grave" - a woman is raped by four men (in an extremely horrific and graphic scene ) , and then , after she recovers , hunts them down and kills them .

"oldboy" - a man is locked in a room for fifteen years and then released as part of another man's revenge . lots of crazy plot twists .

"last house on the left" - two girls are raped and murdered . the parents of one of them find out who did it and decide to get revenge ~

"death wish" - a man goes on a vengeance rampage after his wife is murdered and his daughter is raped by three men
(the sequels are all revenge movies , too)

"sympathy for lady vengeance" - a woman gets revenge on a murderer who framed her and had her imprisoned for something she didn't do

and lots more. but i can't think of any at the moment ...

SolemnBoy Wrote:I've never seen/read a movie/book about homophobia-related revenge. If you want a few general revenge movies/books, I have loads!

Movies:

Oldboy
Lady Vengeance
Kill Bill volume 1 & 2
Last House on the Left

Books:

Carrie
Rose Madder
Wuthering Heights

Note: All of the revenge movies are pretty violent and the last one is downright exploitation.

why didn't i remember kill bill 0__o

"the princess bride" might count , too ~

OMG you guys mentioned some excellent revenge movies.

I highly recommend Old Boy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.

Thanks guys!!

Seems like Korean movies are good. I'll check them.

I love Kill bill, and yes "The Princess Bride" is also a vengeance movie!

I hope there are any that kind of gay-related ones.

"Hard Candy" is one that people of both sexes have been raving about, about where a really devious 14-year-old girl torments a pedophile to the point that he kills himself.

The L Word is mostly a lesbian soap opera (which means most cruelty & revenge is lesbian-on-lesbian), but does have some homophobes that get their comeuppance. Sometimes it's hilarious and sometimes it's powerful, though the moments are pretty rare overall. I didn't always agree with it, like one homophobe was actually gay and a lesbian recorded him with her phone dancing erotically with a guy at a secret gay celebrity party and shared it on her show which ended up hurting his athletic career and relations with his wife, and while I'm not particularly sympathetic given that he encouraged his fans to hate gays, it WAS a party in which she swore not to out anyone when she was invited and I don't think much of someone who breaks their word like that, no matter how much the jerk deserved it (I do love the character, I just thought she was way out of line with doing that). And they don't always get revenge, like when a beloved member died of breast cancer her conservative Republican Christian family barred the lesbians from her funeral as they systematically tried to erase any knowledge that she was gay and the lesbians instead had their own funeral for their friend without any revenge.

But for a "quickie" you can see a scene here from 5:37-5:54 (which took place after a drawn out scene with being told the hospital can't see their very ill infant without a father's name, that is can't accept lesbian parents):

(ETA: just watching it again I find there's an erotic scene immediately following that leads to exposed breasts...hope that's ok, I forgot that was there.)

But if that wasn't violent enough for you, then look at Strawberry Shortcake dealing with an old bully on an ep of Robot Chicken...oops, that vid has been deleted and I can't quickly find it. Too bad, that was classic. :frown: Maybe I should seek revenge. :tongue:

I LOOOOOVE revenge movies!!!!

I Spit on Your Grave (very graphic---rape and torture)
Gran Torino
V for Vendetta
Law Abiding Citizen
Savage Streets

A totally awesome gay themed revenge movie...

Hate Crime

And an AWESOME, short lived TV series on revenge....

The Equalizer