Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that freaked you out
What movie have you watched that just freaked you out or scared the shit out of you.

For me it was Hellraiser and Signs.

I can understand Hellraiser but Signs was just a lame movie. Not sure why it freaked me out but after I watched it and went to bed I was apprehensive every dark room I walked into and was looking around when I turned the light on.

Cannibal Holocaust and Hostel 2

I started watching horror movies pretty early (they were forbidden and therefore interesting) so by now I'm pretty desensitized to the kind of movies that most people are shocked by; A Serbian Film, Human Centipede, Cannibal Holocaust etc.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre still scares me. I'm not sure why, since I've seen plenty of stuff that's way more disturbing content-wise. There's something special about it, maybe I associate it with some kind of memory, I don't know.

Something else that disturbs me is when a horror movie has a humorous/satirical approach, yet does really disturbing and tasteless things. Like, a few weeks ago I watched this Chinese horror flick. It's supposed to be a satire on the horrible housing situation in Hong Kong and has these really over-the-top slasher special effects. It prepares you for a kind of silly slasher horror/comedy. Then, somewhere in the middle there's this really outdrawn scene where a pregnant woman is killed in her home. She falls to the floor which leads to a miscarriage, and as she's bleeding all over a woman puts a plastic bag over her and uses a vaccuum cleaner to suffocate her. That made me turn the movie off.

Like, the murder of a pregnant woman in a movie is generally disturbing, but in a thriller with a generally bleak tone, I would have handled it just fine. It's just that I wasn't expecting anything so cruel and serious, so the effect was really amplified.

Watch and listen to this, an watch the wallpaper

...and I STILL can't seem to embed a vid, lol!

Human Centipede I only saw the trailer, not the film but that was enough to put me off watching it. Creepers Jeepers the first movie scared me. Especially the end when the creature took the kids eyes and you saw the body of the kid with no eyes.
An eye for an eye

xavier Wrote:Cannibal Holocaust and Hostel 2

WOW someone else has seen Cannibal Holocaust?
I only watched it because a boy I dated in high school was a total horror fanatic. It seemed real to me when I was so young and it gave me nightmares for a long time.

meninlove Wrote:...and I STILL can't seem to embed a vid, lol!

Quite easy in fact...

Choose your video from Youtube and in advance mode click on the Youtube icon and in between the brackets just paste the last part after the = sign and Voila it's done

Uneunsae Wrote:WOW someone else has seen Cannibal Holocaust?
I only watched it because a boy I dated in high school was a total horror fanatic. It seemed real to me when I was so young and it gave me nightmares for a long time.

Yeah, it's a movie I will never forget or see again lol. So gross

Horror movies doesn't creep me out... at least in my adult age. But when I was young yeah the Freddy Krugger series did make their way through my brain. So much I was afraid to go sleep. Even as a young child I was not much impressionable, but any movies that suggest that one can die in their sleep would scared the shit out of me. After working in the film industry and seeing how they make special effects, it doesn't affect me anymore. And for my children I have them meet few movie editor friend of mine and show them the reality behind every film they watch. So far none of them have had nightmare after watching horror movies.