Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that freaked you out
I avoid gore because the visuals are not healthy to watch.

I think the last film, which genuinely freaked me out was Martyrs. I've become kind of desensitized to horror (not proud of that, really...), having watch so many films of that genre, but the first half of Martyrs scared me to death (the rest of it was rather pointless gornography). It is also one of those rare movies that I simply can't seem to form an opinion of O_o

Men Behind The Sun. A world war 2 film. What freaked me out about this movie is that it actually happened. How could humans treat other humans like that even during a time of war.
An eye for an eye

I'm probably repeating myself here. At the time this was extremely shocking... Most people in the auditorium couldn't take it and many left. Pier Paolo Pasolini's SALO, the 120 days of Sodoma. It was very very unpleasant.

[Image: MV5BMTQyMDQ4NTY2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk2...SY619_.jpg]

The other movie that kept me sitting on the arm rest during the whole film was the initial version of ALIEN..... whoah, SCARY!
[Image: MV5BMTU1ODQ4NjQyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQ3...SY619_.jpg]

^ Alien is an excellent movie. I much prefer the trashier, scarier, cyberpunk kind of sci-fi than the other type, which offers you special effects and shiny technology. Alien 2 was quite alright too but the third movie already shows some significant deterioration...

As for movies that freaked me out - did anyone else see The Act of Killing? It's Joshua Oppenheimer's documentary about the right wing "gangsters" (as they are called) involved in the killings of half a million people in Indonesia in 1965-66. The documentary follows them 40 years after the events. The obscenity is in the fact that they mostly don't seem to feel any kind of remorse for their actions, quite the opposite, really. No karma there, at all.

meninlove Wrote:Watch and listen to this, an watch the wallpaper

OH GOD IM IN LOVE WITH THAT MOVIE,even though i believe the remake totally sucks Tongue

Movies that also freaked me out are : Ju - On,The legend of Hellhouse,sinister

Didn't freak me out but Irréversible was really unsettling. Seems like French filmmakers have made some kind of pact to constantly push themselves and release more and more extreme films every year. This is the only good one I've seen so far.

OK, this is dumb, but recently I saw an old movie, The Blair Witch Project, and it really creeped me out. I know it isn't real but still...I think it seemed more plausible because I'm very familiar with the area of Maryland where it was filmed.

Cube......