Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving in together? Parents!
Well. We've been talking about moving in since October. My parents don't care, but her parents doesn't even know she's bi, nor with me. But July 7th,she's moving in with me, I'm very scared of what her parents will do. Her mom KNOWS we're together, she gives off more hints then we do! But she's the kind of women whose like: Yes I know, but won't say anything til YOU tell me. Her dad is clueless. I'm nerouvs advice would be great! Thanks!

-K™

As long as your girl is ok with it, and youre both willing to deal with the repercussions, go for it. remember neither of you are in this alone. If nothing else you have eachother. If you could get your parents and her parents to sit down and talk it out it would be better.

I'm not sure I understand, but is your girlfriend moving in with you at your parents' house?
How old she is and have you talked about rules and stuff with your parents?

Another thing to consider is the law if she's young. Age of consent in Nevada is 16 but she might not be able to legally move out of her parents' house until she is 18. I'm really not sure but the two of you might have to get their permission for her to do this.

If her father is clueless, then you might want to start dropping clues. Maybe have her spend a weekend over at your house and make a production about her bringing a few things and joke about moving in with you??? Test the waters for a response?

Try to be serious and calm when you discuss things and try to troubleshoot ahead of time things they would be concerned about.

My parents would have a cow, to put it mildly. :biggrin:

Just one word of caution here. Please remember that some parents don't like finding out that their child is homosexual. Her parents, who appear to love her, may actually ask her to never come back home. It really does happen. So be prepared. Where will she or you stay if somebody's parents asks her to leave and never come back. I know you think everything will be fine because YOU are okay with being gay. But that doesn't mean that everyone else is.

I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just trying to make sure you know what you might have to deal with.

You said she's bi. And her parent's only kind of know. Actually only her mother does. She should definitely tell her parents what is going on and why you are moving in together (not just to be 'roommates') and deal with it now. After you move in together and her parents freak, she might find it easier to just find a man and be with him, since she's bi. It will hurt a hell of a lot more watching her pack her things to go off with a man than it will if she tells her parents now and see what happens. Also, even if everything works out with her parents and you do move in together, if she really is bi (and not just using that as her transitional identity until she can be who she really is) then she might leave you for a man anyway. But even if she was already identifying as gay, she could leave you for another woman...I guess you just have to decide if you are ready for the risk and the backlash if things don't work out the way you are hoping. I'm not trying to be an ass or scare you off from moving in with her, I'm just trying to give you a bit of honest advice. Confusedmile: