Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Right is Gay
Don´t you think that the expectation of straight woman for Mr Right is simply a Gay man, in my opinion they have so many expectations that only a Gay vibe can provide except sexual part, even I always believe that Prince Charming was Gay.

i possibly dont fully understand what your are saying.

some times removing sexual tension in a relationship can foster a great friendship. A great asset for a gay man is a hag girl friend. Both benefit.

a straight relationship is based on the differences between the husband and wife but some times the husband could be less straight acting and or the wife less feminine. A gay relationship is typically based on similarities between the two husbands

Well my mister right will probably be gay. Or bi, or maybe pansexual u.u who can tell. But I prince charming is defiantly camp.

I hate to say it (and sincerely hope I'm wrong) but I think a clear majority (certainly a sizable minority at the very least) of 100% (or close enough) straight women want "manly men," including in being a controlling jerk with rude manners. When they think of gay men they tend to think of (I'm not saying that's what gay men are like, but I can only assume we're talking about the "stereotypical gay man" here) which isn't at all what most of them want. Sometimes I think they want men who were much like their dysfunctional (and worse) fathers, perhaps simply because that's how they've learned that's how a "real relationship" works.

From what I see most women can't stand metrosexuals (especially if he looks better than her, or even just spends more on cosmetics than she does), though some are willing to overlook it if such men have lots of money (and a man who has money to spend on being a metrosexual probably does). And even when they accept a pretty boy they still seem to prefer controlling and condescending jerks (for example, like the many women of all ages love Edward of Twilight).

Over and over I've heard women complain about men who were too effeminate (be it in appearance or even just being considerate) and wanted him to be an alpha to take charge, keep her safe and make her feel wanted, be sexually aggressive (since many would feel too ashamed to be sexually aggressive themselves) and make exciting things happen. (Btw, I'm not counting those who complain about men no matter what they're like, only those who complain about "effeminate men" specifically.) More than one woman has openly said they play horrible head games with a man in the hopes he doesn't take her crap and put her in her place (they're under the misconception that all women are as twisted as they are which is why they'll admit it). Some (and unfortunately there are lesbians like this as well) who enjoy it when their partner gets into jealous rages and becomes violent (either with her and/or the one she flirted with just to tick him off). (Hmm, that reminds me of a , one I imagine being so popular because so many hets of both genders recognized themselves in it.)

In extreme cases they're even drawn to sociopaths. Hybristophilia is almost reserved exclusively for heterosexual females. Don't know how much is creative license but the comedian Chris Rock also said that he asked women loving misogynistic rap lyrics (like, "Fuck that bitch in the eye") why they liked music that talked about treating women cruelly and their responses tend to be, "He's talking about OTHER women." (And I suspect most het women lean this way, thus the love for jerks like Edward in Twilight. And then many books of the romance genre tend to feature a woman in a torrid love affair with pirates, philandering rakes, cruel landlords, and other people that any woman with self-respect would run away from rather than submit to and hope he, just like those sick women with full blown hybristophilia, will treat her well. And let's not forget how many novels include vampires and demons that enslave, sometimes "forcibly seduce," women and make them like him, and often a beloved slave for eternity.)

A guy into the S&M subculture said nearly 90% of straight women were submissive (and the lit certainly reflects that, such as the very popular 50 Shades of Grey out right now). But once you leave pure heterosexuality then submissive women drop to about 50%.

Makes me glad I'm not straight. I look at so many straight women and what they long for (and their popular romance reading) and cringe.

I've had a few of my hag GFs tell me they'd marry me if I weren't gay. That's the thing though, I am so, it's safe for them to open up with me, cuddle, hug whatever and they know that's all the further it's going, is a little friendly comfort or just a hug because a friend needs a hug.

And, because I accept that I don't quite fit the typical male gender role, I don't mind doing typically female things with them, cooking, shopping, picking out the best colors to re do a room, etc...

Of course they prefer me over their straight male BF or husband for such things but, it's because there is nothing sexual about anything we share and, no chance of it ever becoming that way. Really it's a case of both of us being able to forget about gender and sexuality entirely and just have fun together as friends.

Maybe Pix is onto something. I hate, hate, hate, hate (hate to infinity) Twilight. I can NOT, for the life of me, understand why the hell it's so attractive to otherwise highly intelligent, "liberated", women I know who would not put up with a quarter of that shit. Especially the ones I know who have really, really sweet husbands.

On the other hand, a lot of people don't understand why I left a psychologically abusive man who can't get his head out of his ass over certain things. (Otherwise nice guy, but I sometimes wonder if some of his anger comes from knowing I wasn't entirely straight (I told him from the start I was at least bi).)

And so many girls/women I know who get into shit situations over and over... Yeah, maybe you're right. And maybe that's part of why I can't stand the idea of being more than friends w/most men. ("Most" meaning the few gay guys I've know and absolutely loved because they were "my boyz!")

GossamerMoon Wrote:Maybe Pix is onto something. I hate, hate, hate, hate (hate to infinity) Twilight. I can NOT, for the life of me, understand why the hell it's so attractive to otherwise highly intelligent, "liberated", women I know who would not put up with a quarter of that shit. Especially the ones I know who have really, really sweet husbands.

First, I did want to say that I know plenty of women with genuine nice guys...and many guys who claim women won't have anything to do with them because they're nice are either going after the wrong women or aren't as nice as they think they are.

But I've met plenty of straight women as I've described and the undeniable popularity of Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and how a large chunk of the romance genre (though certainly not all) essentially appeals to at least quasi-hybristophiliac women is very disturbing to me and so I stand by what I said earlier, and the thought that if I were heterosexual that I might be the same makes me pathetically grateful I'm gay.

That aside...one of my favorite YT vids of how Edward of Twilight SHOULD have been treated like IMO:

Btw, I recently saw the season 1 Angel ep Eternity which reminded me so strongly of the book Twilight (if anyone is curious as to why I'll share) only instead of appealing to the delusional hybristophiliac belief that such a killer would never harm her as Twilight did when Angel turns into Angelus he most certainly did try to kill her and it's something the character (so much like Bella) won't likely ever forget (just like when women in real life think the bad boy won't treat her bad but is then shocked that yep, he's gonna treat her the same as all other women)...or ever take off a cross ever again. I do believe that while Meyers (author of Twilight) won't admit it (and she may not even remember it that well), that this Angel ep is what inspired Twilight (possibly the dream she had that she gives credit for inspiring her), after having changed to fit her own personal fantasies (and hybristophilia).

Pix Wrote:. Sometimes I think they want men who were much like their dysfunctional (and worse) fathers, perhaps simply because that's how they've learned that's how a "real relationship" works.

Completely agree, I couldn´t say it better. Another thing mentioned is that once you remove the sexual tensions relations tend to work perfect but in that case you will a have friendship.

what I find funny is on another forum I used to go to in the LGBT section it seemed like every week a girl would post about her bf who is the perfect guy but then they would become so paranoid that they thought he was gay.Biglaugh

:biggrin: As long as he is not bitchy ,does not spend more time in front of the mirror than I do, is a great provider .
Not needy ,is not joined at the hip to me , not jealous, possessive, insecure and whinny .

Then yes Mr. right is my gay dream husband.Xyxthumbs