Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mum's upset and I really don't care
Beaux Wrote:Valium. That's what I use when my mother-in-law visits.
~Beaux

Yes but what about for her?

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Yes but what about for her?

For 19 years, that bitch has call me by the name of my husband's boyfriend who died (but who she liked) before we met (who she *obviously* doesn't like). She doesn't NEED anything, I DO.

~Beaux

Okay, to the topic at hand.

I understand how you feel, but and I'm afraid there is one, I would recommend that if nothing else, regardless of your personal feelings that you do check up on her in a few days, or ask your brother to do so. Witnessing such a tragic event can have far reaching consequences, such as PTSD. I don't need to say that PTSD is a very serious condition if left treated, and should she actually have witnessed such a horrific event then... better safe than sorry.

I also think that despite your statement to the contrary, you do care. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted a thread on this forum to ask total strangers what they think and what to do.

Sometimes though, it's not about whether you care about someone; it's about looking out for another human being who may be in trouble.

Beaux Wrote:For 19 years, that bitch has call me by the name of my husband's boyfriend who died (but who she liked) before we met (who she *obviously* doesn't like). She doesn't NEED anything, I DO.

~Beaux

Didn't mean to make light of your situation. That sounds awful.

I agree with Feathers.

What I would suggest is this: whatever kind of person your mother was to you and everyone else that she made miserable, you be exactly the opposite because you don't want to be her. There may be little or no feelings for her, but you don't need to operate based on your feelings. Treat her with the kindness, patience and understanding she does not deserve. You be better than she was. Let that be it's own reward.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Didn't mean to make light of your situation. That sounds awful.

S'ok! I have grown accustomed to hating her guts. It's "our thing". lol
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:For 19 years, that bitch has call me by the name of my husband's boyfriend who died (but who she liked) before we met (who she *obviously* doesn't like). She doesn't NEED anything, I DO.

~Beaux

you get a hug! Smile you look like you need it.

[Image: bloom120209_11_X17.jpg]
''Do I look civilized to you?''