Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My country Government is against Gay, what do i do ?
EMH Wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but it might be that it could be dangerous for him to publicly announce where he is from.
That was my thought too.

For information, fourteen year prison sentences are handed out in countries across Africa, the Caribbean, Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, Soloman Islands ...

I guess you have 3 options.

*.- Stand up and fight for your rights (altough not everyone is ready for martyrdom)
*.- Emigrate
*.- Hide and lock yourself in the closet

I wouldnt be able to hide away from happiness all my life, so in my case i would take option A or B

EMH Wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but it might be that it could be dangerous for him to publicly announce where he is from.

Exactly what I thought but it's obvious that he's from Uganda
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Festino Wrote:I guess you have 3 options.

*.- Stand up and fight for your rights (altough not everyone is ready for martyrdom)
*.- Emigrate
*.- Hide and lock yourself in the closet

I wouldnt be able to hide away from happiness all my life, so in my case i would take option A or B

I think it is to late to fight .... from the inside you can not do anything in such a country. This is akin to Nazi Germany and the Jews in 1938 .... it's too late. Now you can do only something from the outside, but that will be like 1938 ... all countries that could do something will be silent.

fenris Wrote:I think it is to late to fight .... from the inside you can not do anything in such a country. This is akin to Nazi Germany and the Jews in 1938 .... it's too late. Now you can do only something from the outside, but that will be like 1938 ... all countries that could do something will be silent.

You are right, the power of the state must be destroyed before it destroys us :S

LONDONER Wrote:Exactly what I thought but it's obvious that he's from Uganda

Err...what's exactly the point of your post?
1) you don't know where he comes from
2) if he doesn't want to make his country public, that's not to make someone make a supposition in public

Funny (and not so ) I have been living in the one most open an free areas of my country (USA) and I feel like I am living in a country as someone have described (oppressive in my mind). I am a captive of my own fear, you have legitimate fears. Sadly they seem to be the case in our particular posting. It's hard being so brave on one hand and a coward on the other. Take it from me.

Get away from where you are and live your life you were meant to, my friend. At least one of us could

Regards
GB

LONDONER Wrote:Exactly what I thought but it's obvious that he's from Uganda

Or basically any Islamic or African country

But he says he's from America so obviously he's likely trolling

http://www.buzzfeed.com/saeedjones/76-co...worse-than

didn't know Belize was in Africa or an islamic country...

Arkansota Wrote:Or basically any Islamic or African country

But he says he's from America so obviously he's likely trolling

or he just doesn't want to put his real location on his profile

it's not that uncommon ...