Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My little brother
I found something out that pissed me off today than I just felt really sad. My little brother is doing something he is not supposed to be doing. But I feel like he has no other options either. I yelled at him pretty hard than I started to cry to him. I told him never to talk to me again but that was just out of anger. I apologized for saying that and told him I didn't mean it. I feel like my family is slowly falling apart. My oldest brother pretty much disowned me for being gay because he is super religious. My oldest sister thinks she is better than everyone else and every time I call to check up on her, she always says whats wrong this time, or how much money do we need. I have never asked her for any money.I havn't talked to neither of them for a while now and I don't want to. Now my little brother is doing this and I don't know what to do. He doesn't want my help at all. I'm just really sad, all I have is him, my older brother(not oldest) and my mother. And I feel like I'm going to lose my little brother. He says he's not a kid anymore, and I understand that but he is making stupid choices. I have always been a very protective older brother and I'm not going to stop. I almost lost my best friend because of what he was doing and now my little bros doing the same stuff. I know I'm not writing much information about my situation but I guess I wanted to vent.

I'm assuming your little brother is in his early teens...

Its common for teens at this age to be not that close to the family and insist that what they are doing is right. ( I have done that to my parents before.)

Is your brother doing something illegal?

Why dont you try bringing him to a counsellor for consultation? He might have some underlying issues. This could be the reason why he is resorting to do 'something' that he shouldn't.

I think you have to gain his trust first. Be caring and nice to him. This will take many attempts so do not be disheartened when he is rude to you. I think he might change his ways once he understands that he has a loving brother like you.

As for family, try to hold family gatherings on Christmas, Easter or other festive days. Such events will gradually bond your family together. I hope your oldest brother will accept and reconcile with you soon. Smile

Anonymous....
The purpose of being able to use the anonymous option is si that you can hide you identity while giving details about a situation in order to get advice.

You've just written the vaguest OP ever by an Anonymous writer.

well i don't really know if i can be help but i'll try but what is your lil bro doing is he cutting, doing drugs you don't have to answer if you don't wan't to but all i can say is talk to him hug him tell him no matter what happens you'll be there for him cause your his older brother and brothers is a strong bond that nothing can break.

i hope things go well for you and your family Spider

My BF had a similar situation with his younger sister, but he wasn't as involved and committed as you are. And now his sister is in jail, and we're raising her kid (whom I love totally, but that's beside the point).
Reading between the lines, it sounds like he might be using drugs? If so, maybe drag him to a NA meeting and let him hopefully find people to talk to that he can relate to. IDK, it's hard.
He's lucky to have you. I can tell from your post that you're not going to give up on him. Good luck with this, and feel free to vent anytime you need to.

I can't really help much since you didn't give much information. All I can say is: don't give up on him. I would never give up on a family member or close friend. Think of all the good (although he may not appreciate it at this point) you are doing for him...which is the reason you offered your help. You didn't do this to gain his acceptance, you are doing this because you love him and have your best intentions for him.

How old is your little brother?
What is he doing that you disapprove of?

Wouldn't be too worried about your sister, sounds like she is just being a snooty bitch.

I guess I'm still iffy about posting stuff like this as anonymous...
to answer some of the questions, he is 24 years old. He is selling "stuff" to put food on the table. He has a wife and a son. His wife is pregnant and hasn't been getting hours at her workplace. My little brother works 7 days a week and has 2 jobs and he usually works all day. II'm really worried something is going to go wrong one day. I don't know how long he has been doing this but I told him i'll give him half my pay check if he stops doing what he is doing. He doesn't want that either. He rather get in trouble than receive help from his older brother. I havn't told my other brother yet because I promised him I wouldn't tell him. I don't know what to do.

Hmmm, I have a brother who was selling "stuff" once. For years I was amazed how nice his apartment was even though his employment history was spotty. I'm naive. Then his place got raided and he spent two years in jail. It was heartbreaking, but honestly, I think it's the best thing that could've happened to him. He's clean now and finally beginning to lead a responsible, healthy life, truly.

Be a good older brother by not holding back when telling him how you feel about his decisions, but know that his decisions are his and his alone. He may have to answer for those choices one day and it'll be hard, but you can't take on his dumb decisions on your conscience. He's a grown man, not a child, he should know better.

IT may or may not be successful, but you should tell your brother to get in touch with social services to see if there is any assistance available, also to see if they can help him with a counselor. Can you get help from the rest of your family at all? I know you say they have attitudes, but the circumstances may melt some of that. In a situation like this you have to realize the limits of what you can do, but give it a try. That's what big bothers do.
I bid NO Trump!