Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lovely turtle <3
QueenOdi Wrote:[Image: IMG_0799.jpg]

(I hope Shelly sees this, Azulai Wink lol)
Great pictures! Confusedmile:
And, Shelly is quite taken with Sora!

LOL Odi. She wanted to be closer to the warmth from the light? I know the fluorescent doesn't give that much warmth, but still, there is some.

"Mommy look" LOL! :biggrin:

Do you keep geckos too?

Haha cute Smile

turtles are great my brother owns two tiny ones and they swim round non stop i would love to own one but not sure whether its difficult to own or not

azulai Wrote:Great pictures! Confusedmile:
And, Shelly is quite taken with Sora!

Hooray, Sora has a boyfriend :p .

Nick9 Wrote:LOL Odi. She wanted to be closer to the warmth from the light? I know the fluorescent doesn't give that much warmth, but still, there is some.

"Mommy look" LOL!

Do you keep geckos too?

My house is hot pretty much all day, so heat isn't an issue, plus my room has a heater in it (cause I get cold Sad ), cause my animals are cold blooded, so it helps them .

Yes, her "Mommy" look is very effective. When she looks up at you and focuses her eyes on you, you have no choice but to give in. She's learned that and uses it against me now :p .

No, I don't keep Geckos, we don't have them. We have Blue tongued Skinks, relatively similar to them, but cannot be kept.

DarkDaisuke Wrote:Haha cute Smile

Thanks :3 ... Oh you mean her? Yeah.. thanks I guess Rolleyes .
Lol j/k , yeah she is cute :3, especially when she yawns, I have to get a pic of that, but she never does it when I'm looking, I've caught her doing it by accident.

Zeon Wrote:turtles are great my brother owns two tiny ones and they swim round non stop i would love to own one but not sure whether its difficult to own or not

I may be biased, but it's really not that difficult. Three major things affect whether or not you can effectively take care of one.
>Location(If it's too cold (usually below 70F degrees or so) then it'd be hard, as they thrive in warmer waters-you'd need a heater)
>Time(taking care of him/her & their tank)
>Devotion(These guys have extremely long lives, one recorded living about 60yrs)

Here's a very good guide/website on these turtles. There's also a forum.
Red Ear Slider

thanks Odi Smile
I love gekos, their touch and the sounds they make, but I hate what they eat... Let me rephrase, I hate that I should have their live "food" at home. I guess I need to find some vegetarians LOL Maybe a turtle would be the right animal Confusedmile:

Confusedmile:
Here are my turtle friends.
This pic is made in 2007.
Alas, just one of them is still living. :frown: She's 17 yo now. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Atti, welcome to the GS!

You took them out for a walk in a park? Smile

Hi Nick, thanks you!

This swamp was in our garden, haha. (I can't say about this as pound...)

Her current puddle is here:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Smile looks like you have the same problem with algae as I do. But I don't have a turtle. Do you think koi wouldn't mind her being in their pond? Where do you keep her in winter?