Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My two new loves
Its happened ladies and gents! I've been touched by the grace of GAWD and he has cured me of my sinful thoughts! I am now in love with two lovely females!

Nah, I'm full of crap Confusedmile: and to those of you who bought that load...shame on you! :biggrin:

I am though, now the proud papa of two baby raccoon kits named Miko and Kiko. Just thought I would share some pics of the cuteness overload 1luvu

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One last pic Confusedmile:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aw. Very cute.

They look so cute! Smile

wow, you can keep a raccoon as a pet? Or were they rescued and you will return them to the wilderness after some time?

Nick9 Wrote:wow, you can keep a raccoon as a pet? Or were they rescued and you will return them to the wilderness after some time?

There's no actual law which prohibits keeping raccoons as pets. They are being raised at only 8 weeks old. Their mother was killed and the vet would only euthanize them. They would have died on their own...and after being cared for by humans, it would be difficult for them to re-adjust back into the wild.

I think they deserve a chance to life a comfortable life so that's why we took them in Confusedmile:

So yes, I plan to keep them as pets. Many people do...its just considered a little unorthodox is all Confusedmile:

Smile I hope they will not adjust your home to their liking Big Grin Do you have a garden? I can just guess that taking care of them will not be as easy as taking care of other more traditional pets Smile

Nick9 Wrote:Smile I hope they will not adjust your home to their liking Big Grin Do you have a garden? I can just guess that taking care of them will not be as easy as taking care of other more traditional pets Smile

Oh, they're under supervision :biggrin: Its like taking care of a toddler though lol. You just have to watch them carefully while they are out and teach them "proper manners" hehe.....hard as hell...possibly, but you get what you put into it Confusedmile:

We've had experience taking care of exotic pets though. Growing up, I've had prairie dogs, sugar gliders and even a de-scented skunk as pets Confusedmile:

lol. So happy parental leave with your twins. Have you already quit your work? :biggrin:

You say "we" Have someone to take the night shifts? Smile

Nick9 Wrote:lol. So happy parental leave with your twins. Have you already quit your work? :biggrin:

You say "we" Have someone to take the night shifts? Smile

lol, not quite yet but I'm expecting to :biggrin:

By 'we" I mean my family, who all adore animals (I get my love of them from my mom) and we're all raising them together Confusedmile: