Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My worst nightmares
I've had dreams where I've killed/taken out other 'dream characters' (my term for people/creatures/etc) that for some reason or another pissed me off/laughed at me/made me mad , or even just some little thing ... and some times it was quite a few at once (but none are ever family members). Sometimes after waking up i felt slightly bad about "i killed all those... " other times no remorse at all LOL

Usually all I had to do is somply wave a finger or hand to do it too Smile no weapons needed !

In general I'm not a violent person so those dreams were kinda opposite of me

I cant remember what my worst dream was but i do have dreams where people visit me and my body is locked in place so i cant move. When i open my eyes i can still see the people just standing over me; staring at me. My body wont move no matter how hard i try. I try to scream but the only thing that comes out is a groan. Then after about 30 seconds of struggling im finally free to move and no one is in the room with me.

@SleepTalker that sounds like whats called "sleep paralysis" .. your brain is partly awake but the part that controls movement is still asleep so you can't move .

I've had the sleep paralysis thing thing years ago...that can be damn scarry..if it ever happens again I hope to be able to recognize whats happening (because from what i've heard that's fun/cool/and eliminates the scarry feeling! )

I've also had times when i wake up & the dream i had is still sorta running in the background (sleep paralysis) .. this one is deff kinda cool & can help you figure out what causes some things in dreams Smile )

Xandor Wrote:I had a doozy last night. I dreamed that I was back working as a child counselor again. The kid in question had a gun. I was trying to talk him into giving me the gun. The kid's grandmother was standing a few feet away, not saying anything. Suddenly, the kid shoots the grandmother. It was a heart shot. She was dead before she hit the ground. I remember trying to wrestle the gun away from the kid and the gun going off again. That's when I woke up.:redface:

:eek: that one sounds nightmare-ish :eek:

I learned something that can cause things like 'gunshots' & other such loud sounds in dreams for me.

I found this out one morning, I woke up but the dream i had was still going (but more sorta in the background), so I kept my eyes closed & just laid there. Then i heard a couple of those little house creaks...a slight delay...then boom! boom! a couple gunshots were fired off in the dream. <after that the alarm went off so dream ended/it was time to get up>

I had always wondered if maybe something outside (like maybe firecrackers) had made loud sounds during the night and thats what caused it in the dream. LOL to think a dream can take those little creaks & pops and re-process the sound into something so loud.