Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New latop getting used to windows 8
Does anyone else have windows 8, I got a new laptop for xmas and well windows 8is baffling, I like the look, its all just a bit much. Anyone got any tips?

You know there is apparently something you can do to make the format similar to 7. You press something called the desktop button, and it makes it all workable and practical again!

I haven't got 8 but I heard this from a youtuber I watch. Big Grin

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Not sure if I will any time soon either. I can only suggest that you watch a few video's on YouTube. Either that or just play around with it until you get a better understanding of it's functions. If you have the time, the latter seems the most fun.

for the desk top
do you think its another flop?

I have got Win 8, and I agree it looks pretty, but it's all a bit jumbled

I had it since release... and am only just finding my around.. although ughh.. I hate computers!

Tips? No idea to be honest... sorry!!!

I got windows 8 out of curiosity, but my main computers I use Linux. Winows latest shift is in a similar direction to where Linux is going, so I found Win8 easy to use.

If you click desktop it takes you to a traditional win7 desktop, without the 'start' button, so you will probably end up with more desktop icons than you have had in the past.

Overall it is faster than win7 and screams past Vista, but the Start screen is tacky and cheap.

Its good on my laptop battery to actually.

I've yet to check it out.. I'm also primarily a linux user.. but I'll have to get it one of these days to try it. It seems it takes some getting use to though. I've seen a lot of requests for help like these.. with all the new laptops/pcs for Christmas :p.

I got it. Felt strange at first but now i really like it.

Mac Mac.

Enough said

ObW
X