Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Lemon Meringue Pie
OK, ok, *so, Spotysocks and I have just been talking about a Greek speciality which is called avgolemono. It's a soup made with lemons and eggs, and that's about all I know about it as I have never tasted it myself. Spotysocks says it's one of his favourites.

So I'm trying to learn to make a poll here, so I think my poll will be about AVGOLEMONO.
(cook) PA :tongue:
PS. I do make very good Lemon Meringue Pie though, (Tarte au Citron Meringuée, in French)

Chicken soup avgolemono is a traditional greek soup. Basically fro those who dont know (the 96% of you i assume lol) is chicken soup with some rice egg and lemon. It is really good especially if you have a cold. Eat that and and fresh orange juice (separately) you see how quick you will be ....back to work :tongue:

If you want know an how to make it home i ll explain. It's easy.

For those of you who'd like to know the recipe and / or check whether they've had it unawares... lol, here's the URL:
http://greekfood.about.com/od/soupsstews...msoupa.htm

It appears to be a lemony sauce which goes with a Chicken Soup, which I didn't know. :frown: A bit disappointed, as I am a vegetarian. Still... I can feast on Spanakopita or Stuffed Vine Leaves

[SIZE=2]You could also learn about tsougrisma the Greek egg tradition for Easter.[/SIZE]

I have eaten a Vietnamese chicken noodle soup and it had lemon in it. It was very, very good.

Sorry, off topic.

p.s. Lemon Meringue Pie is my absolute fav pie!

Sounds interesting... I tend to like stuff that's got chicken in it, so chances are... I'd probably like the soup.

As for lemon meringue pie... Don't like meringue! So a no on that one.

So it's kinda like the Greek equivalent of Chicken Soup ??

Neat !!

Although I've never tried chicken soup on its own per se, I now know how I'm going to answer the poll, so thanks Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

spotysocks Wrote:Chicken soup avgolemono is a traditional greek soup. Basically fro those who dont know (the 96% of you i assume lol) is chicken soup with some rice egg and lemon. It is really good especially if you have a cold. Eat that and and fresh orange juice (separately) you see how quick you will be ....back to work :tongue:

If you want know an how to make it home i ll explain. It's easy.

Let's see just how easy... You mentioned that I could replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock, so tell us with the proper ingredients and I'll see what I can substitute for the animal bits...
Evxaristw, Kaltses!

that looks like it would be delicious now I'm gonna have to make some

Well Spotysocks, methinks you'll have to organise an Avgolemono party
and show us all how to make it. (recipes should be provided in Greek and English)
You've got
Cool :confused: :redface: Rolleyes Confusedmile: :confused:
guests
already, who are willing to try it, including myself, and, probably, if I can convince him, my sweet and lovely, lol... so
Cool :confused: :redface: Rolleyes Confusedmile: :confused: Rolleyes
guests ????

The more, the merrier, but can we convince other people on these boards to join the Avgolemono Party????

Invasion