Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Wall St---I warned you, didn't I?
Gonna be honest here. I'm offended by the OP. I'm not his intended audience, since I'm just a poor college student... But if he wants to be proud of offending people, well, he succeeded with me. I don't know how much that accomplishment should be celebrated though. I wouldn't be proud of it.

gilhooly Wrote:To all the rich GS members please feel free to go fuck yourself.
[COLOR="Navy"]
Gilhooly could do with the help of the Wishmaster! [/COLOR]Peepwall

i personally am a fan of the protests. i am poor- cant find a job, because i didnt go to college, i didnt go to college because- guess what- my family was poor too!. and i refused to take out loans with interest rates that would leave me bankrupt before i was 40 I've been out of school since 2008. had a job for 6 months, got laid off during resscion. and havent been able to find work since. so here i am, i dont drink or smoke, i dont do drugs, and i dont hang on the street all day- still without a job, in debt because i stepped on a sewing needle and didnt have health insurance, unable to afford going back to college with hard earned cash. and guess what- people actually ha high hopes for me. right now, living knowing that i've failed all my wonderful teachers, is the worse part. But if these protests give way to my possible education and advancement. TRUST me, i will do anything for it. so maybe if all the sob stories of the U.S get together- maybe we can make something happen!

that thing- you know- A CHANGE.

Mayor Jean Quan of Oakland California will be the first political casualty of the 99%. She responded like a righty bumpkin to the protestors with police violence. Then she wanted to speak, and protestors would not let her! Her career in politics is over. Surprises me that the first to go is a Dem, would have expected a righty.

WesHollywood Wrote:Surprises me that the first to go is a Dem, would have expected a righty.
Considering that the OWS are concentrated on the heavily Democratic coasts, not surprising at all. In my swing-state midwestern city, a few dozen people showed up to the Occupy protest. In comparison, thousands attended the Tea Party in the same square last year.

And I'm part of the global 1%...so you can guess where I stand on the issue.

Gilhooy,

Do you also sit on your porch screaming 'Get off the lawn!!!!' ?
:tongue:

cloud999 Wrote:Considering that the OWS are concentrated on the heavily Democratic coasts, not surprising at all. In my swing-state midwestern city, a few dozen people showed up to the Occupy protest. In comparison, thousands attended the Tea Party in the same square last year.

And I'm part of the global 1%...so you can guess where I stand on the issue.

I have seen you post that you are a 1%er a couple times now, and I must say I do not believe you. First, people who live in the million dollar plus bracket, don't talk about it unless they are making a deal with other business people.

1%ers do not join websites like GaySpeak.com, the have their own private websites where they communicate with their own type.

Finally, people with large amounts of money do not spend the amount of time on the internet that you do. They are out spending and living the good life. No one is buying the 1%er bit. Maybe the 1%er wannabe bit! Rofl

Oh........and speaking as a member of Stonewall Democrats, the Democratic Party is not part of the 99%ers as much as they would like to be. Active DNC Dems in the liberal base are shredding Obama for playing poker during the debt ceiling talks with Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. I affiliate myself with the Dems who want to replace Barry Obama with Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries. Obama has been a mediocre right leaning POTUS. And frankly, we in California have the fifth largest economy on the planet. The midwestern and southern states are holding us back from our destiny. The following map is circulating. Set the country up like the European Union, share a military, but let each region be a country.
[Image: secedeamerica.jpg]

We give Homeland the Port of San Diego,
but we get rid of the illegal alien problem.

WesHollywood Wrote:I have seen you post that you are a 1%er a couple times now, and I must say I do not believe you.
You do realize that individuals who make more than $50k/year are in the top 1% of the richest individuals in the world? Most Americans don't realize just how incredibly rich we really are.

WesHollywood Wrote:First, people who live in the million dollar plus bracket, don't talk about it unless they are making a deal with other business people.
And you would know this how?

WesHollywood Wrote:1%ers do not join websites like GaySpeak.com, the have their own private websites where they communicate with their own type.
In your fantasy-land, perhaps. How many rich people do you personally know?

WesHollywood Wrote:Finally, people with large amounts of money do not spend the amount of time on the internet that you do. They are out spending and living the good life. No one is buying the 1%er bit. Maybe the 1%er wannabe bit! Rofl
Now I know that you have little experience with real rich people. Your beliefs about the 1%ers are about as accurate as Pat Robertson's beliefs about gays. That is, based upon myth and fear/hatred.

For starters, the rich are more wired than the average person, because they need to be. Knowledge is power, and power begets money. What you don't realize is that while I'm posting on this forum, I'm also researching different developing-market mutual funds and discussing the Australian rare-earths market with my family. I write here for fun, not profit.

Next, wild spending and living "the good life" is the quickest way to become poor. The world is littered with individuals who made it big and then lost it all. Actors and athletes who make incredible money fast, without developing the skills to manage it, are particularly prone to going bust and dying broke. Fools pour their money into depreciating assets...the rich invest the majority of their wealth so that it grows.

Case in point: my uncle bought a foreclosed home just outside of San Francisco after the 2008 crash for $2.2 million. They spent a year and another million renovating it...and as the housing market in SF picked up, it's now valued at over $6 million. Granted, he's going to use a little bit of that equity to visit Antartica with his son next spring...but the vast majority of his wealth is in appreciating assets. He's got homes in three different continents (US, Europe, and Asia). And every morning he wakes up, has a bagel with coffee, and reads newspapers on his iPad while listening to CNN. Granted, sitting on an antique $5k chair...but even that chair goes UP in price with time (it's antique). And he's far better connected online than almost anyone his age.

Yes, I support the Log Cabin Republicans and Tea Party.

WesHollywood Wrote:Oh........and speaking as a member of Stonewall Democrats, the Democratic Party is not part of the 99%ers as much as they would like to be. Active DNC Dems in the liberal base are shredding Obama for playing poker during the debt ceiling talks with Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. I affiliate myself with the Dems who want to replace Barry Obama with Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries. Obama has been a mediocre right leaning POTUS. And frankly, we in California have the fifth largest economy on the planet. The midwestern and southern states are holding us back from our destiny. The following map is circulating. Set the country up like the European Union, share a military, but let each region be a country.
The EU is on the brink of collapse, California's budget is an unsustainable nightmare, and the Midwest (where I live) is one of the few regions working towards economic sustainability. And my neighborhood university is one the top-ranked in America for supporting LGBT rights.

I'm curious...how long have you lived in the Midwestern and Southern regions you condemn? We're holding you back from your destiny, all right. We're holding you from the brink of collapse.

Demoncrats and Repuglickans... :biggrin:

sheesh.

I am an extreme moderate with extreme centrist leanings. There are more like me. One day we will definitely maybe rise up and overthrow the two party system.

You can 50% count on that.

:tongue:

I'm not rich and haven't been on here. I'm actually below the poverty line at this point; my mother is unemployed and her boyfriend is on disability so yeah. I'm all for Occupy Wallstreet but some stupid people in the movement are fucking it up via rape, defecating on police cars etc. The media is using the stupid people to basically blacken the movement. Just like what they did with the Tea Party Movement. Only those who have been to the movement can really say anything about it :/