Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overdone Topic: Straight Crush
I've never dated or been in a relationship, but when my friends ask me "What do you look for in a guy/What type of guy are you interested in?" I always have a sure answer. Physically: Height. That's pretty much it in the physical department, don't care about race or eye/hair color or muscularity. Personality wise, I'm sure we could all go on for hours, but to make things simple, someone who is masculine, gentle, and caring. I always thought "gentle" and "caring" were pretty self explanatory, but I never quite knew how to describe what I meant by masculine.

I work at McDonalds, and recently a new employee has begun working there. One of my coworkers knows about me, so she asked my opinion of the new guy. I admitted he was tall and handsome, but the person's character is too important for me to blinded by looks. She laughed at me, and it was over and done with. A few hours later I went on break, and of course he happened to go on break at the same time. He introduced himself to me, struck up a conversation, and as we went to clock back in, said he was sure we would get to know each other better within the coming weeks. Needless to say, it was a great first impression, and I thought he was very charming.

Later, as I was taking orders and stocking supplies, I had a customer approach me and ask for some jalapenos in a to go container. I turn around and tell one of my coworkers in the kitchen to get some jalapenos for me, but he doesn't respond. Instead, he is chatting with another coworker. Before I get a chance to ask him again, the new guy speaks up and asks me what I need. I tell him. He then authoritatively tells the guy in the kitchen to get the jalapenos for me. The guy is caught off guard by his firmness, but he quickly gets them and hands them over to me.

I guess that's what I mean by masculine. A guy who takes charge, who is confident, who makes eye contact when you speak to him. He initiated a conversation with me, and there was no hesitation or anxiety in his voice. Also, he saw that I was being ignored and he spoke up and did something about it. I'm not a pushover, so I can stand up for myself. Moreover, these characteristics that I find attractive, I strive to promote in myself. Still, I'm surprised at myself for how quickly I became charmed by him. Masculine to me isn't some big muscular guy, or dominant top, or even just some tall guy. Masculine for me doesn't really have anything to do with "position" in the bedroom. In fact, I don't really care about that. It's the way they carry themselves.

I apologize for the long post. What do you guys look for in a guy by the way?

Chris....... I hate to break the bad news t o you but you just wrote the
[COLOR="Red"]Only intelligent approach to this subject I've read in a gay forum.[/COLOR]

Here in GS we've had a recent epidemic of straight crush dramasturbation threads that broke out in spontaneous parody and sarcasm on this thread....

You do realize that now you've written something this intelligent we're going to expect it all the time, right?

I agree with everything you said here
[COLOR="Red"]"I guess that's what I mean by masculine. A guy who takes charge, who is confident, who makes eye contact when you speak to him. He initiated a conversation with me, and there was no hesitation or anxiety in his voice. Also, he saw that I was being ignored and he spoke up and did something about it. I'm not a pushover, so I can stand up for myself. Moreover, these characteristics that I find attractive, I strive to promote in myself. Still, I'm surprised at myself for how quickly I became charmed by him. Masculine to me isn't some big muscular guy, or dominant top, or even just some tall guy. Masculine for me doesn't really have anything to do with "position" in the bedroom. In fact, I don't really care about that. It's the way they carry themselves.
"[/COLOR]

You described just about everything that turns me on about my chosen jerk!

The only thing I'm going to add is...

[Image: redalertANI.gif]

DO NOT get romantically/sexually/infatuationally/obsessionally involved with People from Work !!!! (Masturbation fantasies are ok).

I think that the qualities you mentioned - gentleness and caring - enhance masculinity. My BF is a very confident, take-charge sort of guy - he works a pretty macho sort of job - but last night I watched him comforting our 3 year old, who'd had a bad nightmare. And I thought back to times that he's comforted me that way.

A strong, confident, masculine guy who isn't afraid to let his gentle and nurturing side show is an amazing turn on.

I have physical preferences, but they ultimately don't make or break a potential relationship - except one. I do demand that the guy takes reasonable care of himself, maintaining a healthy weight etc. or at least aspires to, as in, I could be in a relationship with someone obese as long as they're working towards a healthier body.

Other traits I look for are... many. It only took me one destructive relationship to raise my demands severely, so I still feel like I was luckier than other people I know. What I look for in guys are:

* Kindness and empathy. Not necessarily humility, but basic respect for other people and an overall helpful attitude.
* Ambition. I can't stand people who don't aspire to fulfil their dreams, whatever they may be.
* Honesty; brutal honesty if necessary.
* A non-judgemental attitude. Regardless of his personal beliefs I don't want him to judge others for their choices - such as consuming drugs in a controlled manner.
* Intelligence. Small talk can be fun, but I like deeper discusson more. If he's interested in politics that's a major plus.
* He should be fun and laid-back enough to appreciate guilty pleasures but curious and serious enough to appreciate museums, certain cultural institutions and art/media whose first purpose isn't necessarily entertainment.
* Emotionally expressive. This is vital because I'm an emotional cripple and I need some help to let my emotions out healthily.
* He needs to be at least somewhat spontaneous and LOVE traveling!

If I can get all of the above, then I'm really happy! If he has a cute face, bubble butt and likes BDSM, even better!

Adam Wrote:I think that the qualities you mentioned - gentleness and caring - enhance masculinity. My BF is a very confident, take-charge sort of guy - he works a pretty macho sort of job - but last night I watched him comforting our 3 year old, who'd had a bad nightmare. And I thought back to times that he's comforted me that way.

A strong, confident, masculine guy who isn't afraid to let his gentle and nurturing side show is an amazing turn on.

Damn Adam! You're right again!

The only way I can improve on what you said is to "virgilize" it

[SIZE="7"]
A strong, confident, masculine guy
who isn't afraid to let his gentle
and nurturing side show is
an AMAZING turn on.
[/SIZE]

memechose Wrote:
Damn Adam! You're right again!

The only way I can improve on what you said is to "virgilize" it

[SIZE="7"]
A strong, confident, masculine guy
who isn't afraid to let his gentle
and nurturing side show is
an AMAZING turn on.
[/SIZE]

Oh sure, you're going all one-up on me just because yours is bigger than mine...(your font, I mean...) -

In September it will be 29 years that I have been with my guy...and he was pretty much everything I was attracted to in one package so I don't look for men anymore

...but when I did...I was attracted to quiet intense men who might be rough around the edges or socially awkward but were decent inside....it is a good match. A quiet intense man is an aphrodisiac for me. I like when they can see right through me too. I also like and empathic and insightful man....

I have a list of turn offs but is no point in writing them down...

Sometimes it seems easier to describe the type of person we don't want. But your post was very enlightening and actually reminded me of myself.

Just add less salt to those fries and we will be all good. Ha ha!Bashing

I don't really know what I look for in a guy, a lot of the guys I like tend to be different. And straight crushes bite... the only thing worse than a straight crush is when a single gay guy you like obviously does not feel the same way about you. THAT makes one feel like absolute shit. But hey, I've turned guys down too so... life's a bitch, right? lol Cheers!