Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain remedies [help]
Not drugs. I'm thinking herbal etc

Anyone have any homemade pain remedies?~ I can't take paracetamol or any of the like at the moment.

When I have pain and can't take paracetemol, I always just take seirogan, which I think is 100% herbal. I don't know if you can get it everywhere, but usually they'll sell them at the asian supermarkets.

Other than that, my mother used to always pinch the flesh between the thumb and index finger to quickly relieve pain.

Lilitu Wrote:When I have pain and can't take paracetemol, I always just take seirogan, which I think is 100% herbal. I don't know if you can get it everywhere, but usually they'll sell them at the asian supermarkets.

Other than that, my mother used to always pinch the flesh between the thumb and index finger to quickly relieve pain.

Oh Seirogan, I know it~ I should have brought some back with me ><

You silly!

Forgive my memory, but one of our members once posted a pretty good website for this sort of thing. It had lots of natural remedies for just about anything! This might have been a few year back, but if anyone can re-call that website, it may be handy.

http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart.php?prop_ID=2

What kind of pain is it?
What are you allergic too?

MisterTinkles Wrote:http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart.php?prop_ID=2

What kind of pain is it?
What are you allergic too?

Headaches, stomach pain.
Allergic to nuts~

mint is fairly good for stomach aches...so if Ruta graveolens, don't know if there's an English name for that, here's pic

[Image: rue.jpg]

for headaches, feverfew along with chamomille to realx and sleep well...

all of these you can drink in infusions

miimo Wrote:Headaches, stomach pain.
Allergic to nuts~

Depending on what kind of headache and stomach pains they are.......there are supposed to be some teas that are good for those.

Patchouli is supposed to be good for headaches.....get some cream or lotion, and rub it on your forehead.

Aloe Vera juice is supposed to be good for stomach pains and cramps. My granny used to drink that stuff. Real peppermint, spearmint, and ginger is also supposed to be good for stomach pains.

If its related to stomach ulcers or acid re-flux, then 100% licorice root powder (capsules) are good for that. You have to take them for about a month before you start seeing results though. 2 capsules 30 minutes before you eat each meal everyday. I have acid re-flux, and it helps me out a lot.

You should find a doctor who also uses holistic medicines as well as pharmaceutical ones. Make sure anything you take is ok for you to take. Just like drugs, you have to make sure you don't mix things in your system that shouldn't be mixed...otherwise you just get worse.

Okay, so firstly, I don't really know how good of an idea using herbal remedies really is. Maybe I'm biased, my doctor says if I want a herbal remedy to go and eat ditch grass and save myself money (he's kind of abrasive sometimes), so obviously that's my perspective. From a more objective approach, most medications, though very technical and not exactly appearing herbal, are just the refined materials that we're getting from herbal remedies. For example Aspirin is made from salicylic acid, which is found in Willow tree back and leaves, which is actually a remedy on this list.

That said, since I don't see how it can hurt,

I went and found some herbal remedies for chronic pain on Web MD with a search, some that were recommended were: turmeric, green tea, ginger, rosemary, cat's claw, devil's claw, and willow bark to prevent inflammation.

The page specifically said that turmeric was regarded highly among patients with arthritis.
Capsaicin good for pain relief by rubbing on skin (don't apply to sensitive areas, wash hands, note that irritation will occur for a brief time initially).
Glucosamine sulfate was good for joint pain.
SAMe was good for osteoarthritis patients.
Acetyl-L-carnitine was good for correcting nerve pain, specifically with diabetics.
Fish oil (for vitamin 3) and sufficient vitamin D (linked to lower levels of pain in studies) were good with pain relief....

In addition to trying natural cures, some people will also see a naturopath, many communities have them (mine does). While their methods are disputed, they're definitely safe, and can give you some ideas on where to start with natural medicine. They also tend to promote a healthy lifestyle, which is actually always a plus. Just be careful when dealing with advanced illnesses, as some infamous naturopaths will try to use their remedies to treat things like cancer, when you really would probably be better off with something like radiation treatment, however upsetting that would be.

That's all I could find... Smile

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supple...ief?page=1

oh I do know that for stomach pain, cumin is good.

You can use cumin as a tea, and steep them in hot water with soem honey.