Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painful experience
Can you think of the time when you were in MOST PAIN?

Can you recall that feeling?

[COLOR="Purple"]Physical or mental?

I can remember both...

If a surgeon tells you that you wont feel any pain after waking up from an operation ask him if he has been cut open!

I would rather not talk about the mental one! They usually take much more time to heal.[/COLOR]

I was just thinking about pain.

How it feels. Why we have pains. Or how we deal with pains. What we do with the pain... etc...

Frank, when you said,

"I'd rather not talk about it..."

it sums up the whole thing. We tend to try not to think about it.

And I'm thinking, is that the standard way to deal with pain? Try to forget about it? Try to think that it doesn't exist?

Amigo Wrote:I was just thinking about pain.

How it feels. Why we have pains. Or how we deal with pains. What we do with the pain... etc...

Frank, when you said,

"I'd rather not talk about it..."

it sums up the whole thing. We tend to try not to think about it.

And I'm thinking, is that the standard way to deal with pain? Try to forget about it? Try to think that it doesn't exist?

[COLOR="Purple"]Well, I could go on and on about the physical... but most dont want to hear about it... it grosses them out!

I had my liver biopsied twice to test for hep c viral counts/liver health. Felt, and this is just a guess, felt like a bullet going thru my side in slow motion, then pulling it out in slow motion then the doc saying SORRY!!! We need two more samples... and you have to lay very still while all this is going in and out!

I thought since I had the first biopsy set I would be ready for the second biopsy set a number of years later... and for the most part I was... The thing is that you do get use to it but then you start understanding whats really going on...

They have this sharp hollow needle, very long. After multiple scans they find the part of the liver they want to biopsy. Another scan after insertion of the long needle then SNIP. That is what did it on the second biopsy. I heard and maybe felt the SNIP... and I freaked... they were snipping out parts of my body! Weird feeling.

The chest operation was even more insane. I had been going thru some pain for a couple years due to problems from hep c treatment. They decided to try and remove the pain cells or whatever... kinda scrape out the nerves in that area... but they cant scrape out all the nerves sooooo when I woke up out of the sedative I was just screaming due to the nerves they left unscraped and open. The nurses were kinda worried and kept pressing the magic button until I stopped screaming...

The mental pain goes even deeper and takes so very long with the help of so many friends and time, more time and then even more time... then one day you wake up and WoW... I am fine.

Zzwhip YEAH FOR ME!Baby2

***oh, I have to get ready for a beautiful day of cycling to my psych appt![/COLOR]

Pain. Hmmm, My pains are not as severe as many I'm sure. So many bumps, scrapes and bruises, and emotional too.

There is a few moments that completely burned their way into my mind and memories, Most are physical pains.

When I was about 6 years old, I believe that's how old I was at the time. I was having an operation performed on my Penis; correcting the downwards bent to it. (and they did a poor job too) it was so painful. I remember every time I had to go to the bathroom it was hell, and as I type this I'm laughing.

I felt as if my thing was going to fall off back then.

Another time was when I was 9 years old. I was wrestling my brother where I shouldn't have been wrestling; atop my bunk bed. My brother snagged hold of my leg on his way off of the bed, and I went tumbling down. Smacked my hand on the chair on my way down. When I began to stand lets just say something felt WRONG. I raise my hand to take a look, right hand at that.

and I saw that my thumb was pointing the wrong way. I had dislocated my thumb, and I freaked! in my panic induced state I grabbed my thumb and popped it right back into place. The end.

One more. This one is both physical and emotional. I was humiliated and beat up on. I was playing basketball with two other boys, older then me of course. I remember talking with them and they began to start talking trash. before I know it I had both circling me, one jumps on my back and puts me in a choke hold, The other I vaguely remember smiling and still talking his trash. I felt as if it went on forever while being choked, He choked me until I nearly passed out. Then as I dropped to my knees and finally was able to breathe, gasping for that sweet air. The one that had me gasping for breath proceeded to beat me down, and the other boy would throw in a kick here and there.

I had a few other recent moments. This will be all.

((Ouch to the above. Lol Magic button.))

Frank : After reading your post, I'm so glad my livers are working fine.

Fosra : The 'getting bullied' must've hurt a lot... emotionally...

Now I feel very bad coz... I used to bully other people that I didn't like in high school... until I got to college and in my freshman year, I went to a pub and got my ass kicked by four dudes...

I experienced how it felt to be on the receiving end, and it didn't feel good at all... so I swore I will never punch or kick anyone ever again, and to this day, I haven't done anything like that.

My most painful moment was when I had my 'hemoroid surgery'. Basically what they do is cut the fucked up end of my asshole with a knife. (pardon my French, I don't know how else to describe the procedure, I'm not a doctor...)

The surgery was nothing coz I was sleeping when they did it... but when I woke up, I felt this excruciating pain in my ass that got me to think that this is probably how it feels to give birth to twin babies.

For 5 days I was hospitalized, during which the highlight of the day was the morphine shots they gave me twice a day... and the most dreaded moment was when I had to take a crap... you can just imagine the pain...

----------

As for the emotional pain, I have none. At least not that I know of.

Amigo Wrote:Frank : After reading your post, I'm so glad my livers are working fine.

Yes. And lets make sure you keep it that way Remybussi

Amigo Wrote:For 5 days I was hospitalized, during which the highlight of the day was the morphine shots they gave me twice a day...

Sooooooo you had the magic button too Scatter

Yeah... the 'magic botton'... lol...

I never used it though... the face said it all... Pray

Oddly enough my worst physical pain was getting stung by a stingray while surfing in Del Mar. My friend pulled me back to the beach and the rather small wound was just gushing blood. I remember a woman came over to make sure I was alright but kept remarking that it "looks like its just a cut" and I "probably scraped it on a rock." She is lucky I couldn't stand up because I was ready to smack her into tomorrow.

For several hours it only got worse. It is hard to even describe the pain. I had to sleep with my wetsuit hanging off my foot because it was too swollen to pull the suit off and it took a while to walk right. Later I found out that the stingray happened to inject its barb and poison into a nerve (just my luck) which was partially severed by the barb and then continued to necrose because of the poison. When I touch the spot I still get a tingle all the way down to the ends of my two little toes. Brilliant.