Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris attacks: Dozens dead and Bataclan hostage stand-off
Live info feed: https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

Quote:France has declared a national state of emergency and has closed its borders after at least 40 people were killed in multiple shootings in Paris.
At least 15 people have been killed near the Bataclan arts centre, where up to 60 people are reportedly being held hostage, French media say.
Three people were killed in an attack at the Stade de France, with some reports suggesting a suicide blast.
Paris authorities have asked people to stay indoors.
Military personnel are being deployed across Paris.
Live: Follow the latest developments here.
In pictures: Paris shootings
Eyewitness accounts from the scene
The deadliest attack appears to have targeted the Bataclan concert hall. The BBC's Hugh Schofield says scores of ambulances have arrived at the scene, suggesting many victims inside.
Other attacks hit Le Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district where a BBC reporter could see 10 people lying on the road, either dead or seriously injured.
Another hit Le Carillon bar not too far away.
An eyewitness told Liberation he had heard more than 100 rounds being fired at a cafe in rue de Charonne.
There are reports of up to six gunmen involved.

Some reports say up to 100 dead in Bataclan theatre. A raid on the attackers ended a short while ago, with two attackers dead.

Bloody hell.

:,( ...
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

this is insane. i'm gonna be in Paris in 2 days...
''Do I look civilized to you?''

This is absolutely appalling. What these terrorists hope togain is beyond me. Do they rewally think that by committing suicide (two apparently have blown themselves up in the thatre) that they are going to heaven to be greeted by 72 virgins?

I wonder now what the aftermath in Paris will be? Will the French finally turn against one of the largest if not the largest Muslim population in a European country?

A friend of mine came back last night from Paris on the Eurostar. Had she travelled a little later she would not probably have been able to travel at all. She had spent the day wandering around some of the districts affected. It had been my intention to join her in Paris for the day but the Eurostar was just too expensive. I tried to book a 'plane. but in the end decided it wasn't worth the effort just to see one museum. Had I gone I would still be there as France has closed its borders. Fate is strange.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Sad ..........
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

LONDONER Wrote:A friend of mine came back last night from Paris on the Eurostar. Had she travelled a little later she would not probably have been able to travel at all. She had spent the day wandering around some of the districts affected. It had been my intention to join her in Paris for the day but the Eurostar was just too expensive. I tried to book a 'plane. but in the end decided it wasn't worth the effort just to see one museum. Had I gone I would still be there as France has closed its borders. Fate is strange.[/FONT]

French foreign ministry has apparently said that flights and trains will continue.

The Wall Street Journal Wrote:France’s foreign minister said the country would implement border controls across road, rail, sea and aviation entry points. Airline and rail links would continue to operate, with airports remaining open. France has open borders with many of its European neighbors, though the government’s announcement suggests some checks would be restored. Early Saturday, travel officials were still trying to figure out what the additional security measures would entail, but the steps could include ID checks at borders that previously weren’t required.

i was nearly in Paris myself tonight. but decided to spend the weekend at home. although it wasn't a hairline decision for me, i merely considered the possibility of going there a few days before the concert. not sure what it's all gonna look like on Monday...

and i'd just like to know how much longer we're going to take this. this has been happening in this vein since years already. terrorist attacks themselves date as far back as the 1980s and 1990s. and every time this happens a very predictable scenario unfolds --- tightened security in the location of the attack for a temporary interval of time; and other Western heads of state expressing their condolences and sympathy.....it's not enough! it's not nearly fucking enough anymore. i'm sick and tired of nobody actually doing anything about any of it.

you wanna tell me all these years we're just rolling with it every time these attacks take place only to forget about it a few weeks after the fact? who remembers Charlie Hebdo anymore? and this one --- a few weeks will pass and people will feel its okay again. well it's not okay anymore.

why the fuck isn't anybody actually forming a viable long-term strategy to deal with these atrocious killings? because i feel like nobody is doing anything. i feel like we only spring into action after the fact, and then gradually let out guard back down once it's over.

this is actually very sickening.

That's so horrible. How can someone do that to another human beings? I doubt someone will ask me again why I hate Muslims and their religion.

And it all happened the next day after this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Beirut_bombings

Coincidence, or execution of a large scale planned assault? Danger is everywhere, not just in the Middle East. We have to act ASAP!!

Two of my friends spent the last night in Paris. Fortunately they are safe.

Edward Wrote:That's so horrible. How can someone do that to another human beings? I doubt someone will ask me again why I hate Muslims and their religion.

Terrorism knows no religion. Your hate of this one is unjustified.